Chapter Nineteen - The Unexpected Surprise

Sheila was sad to leave the club, she was having such a good time but Kyle and Wes said they had one more surprise in store and they didn't want her to miss out

Sheila was sad to leave the club, she was having such a good time but Kyle and Wes said they had one more surprise in store and they didn't want her to miss out. She gave Monte a kiss on the cheek before she left assuring him she would be in touch and he looked positively thrilled.

Back in the limo, Sheila let out a sigh of contentment. It had been quite some time she realized since she had this much fun. She centered her life around work and competing and she really had forgotten what fun for the sake of fun felt like.

"Everything okay?" Wes said misinterpreting her sigh.

"Couldn't be more wonderful," Sheila said. "Thank you both for doing all this for me. You have no idea what an uplift it's been to my spirits."

"Well, you deserve it and so much more," Kyle said smiling at her.

"So where to next," she asked the excitement of another new adventure taking hold once more.

"Got a reservation at La Lanterna di Vittorio," Wes said, "That's why all the hurry. I don't want to be late." Wes had a secret ulterior motive as well but he was keeping that to himself.

Cozy. La Lanterna di Vittorio sat across the street from Washington Square Park, a little European village quite out of place in such a bustling part of the city. As they entered Wes grabbed hold of Kyle's hand and they stopped walking.

"I just forgot," Wes told them, "I left a present for you in the limo. I may need some help," he said to Kyle. Kyle felt confused but knew Wes well enough not to contradict him and played along staying by Wes' side. "Yes, we will be right back," Kyle said and Wes smiled at him gratefully and his heart fluttered.

"Just give them my name Lil' sis and well be back lickety-split. You won't even have a chance to miss us. I promise," Wes told her as he started dragging Kyle back towards the door.

"Oh...Okay?" Sheila stuttered, thinking it all rather odd. What were those two up to? she wondered.

She did as instructed and the hostess smiled and said, "Follow me." She leads Sheila up a flight of stairs to another level of the restaurant. Heading towards a cozy table for two tucked away near a fireplace. She set the menus down.

"I'm sorry," Sheila said, "there must be a mistake the reservation should have been for three."

The hostess smiled before saying, "I see. Well have yourself a seat and I will see what I can do."

Sheila nodded and sat down wondering how long they would have to wait for a table that would accommodate the three of them.

This place was beautiful, its romantic ambiance was not lost on Sheila but without the company of her friends, she began to feel a little melancholy.

"May I join you?"

Sheila's breath caught in her throat and her heart nearly leaped from her chest. The only word that could escape was, "Christian."