Safe Haven ( Ashton Irwin FanFic )

I never really liked bridges. I don't know why, but I didn't. Maybe it was because I'm standing on the edge of one right now. Yeah, it's probably that. You see, I'm not suicidal or anything, well actually, I am. I have my reasons, but right now, my mind is focused on the water crashing down below. It was about 11:40 PM in Seattle, and I was breathing, quite heavily might I add. I looked around to see if anyone was coming, already knowing that there's no one here. No one ever comes this way, and that's why I chose it.

My name's Anna by the way, Annabelle Taylor. I'm 17, and this time last year, my brother got hit by an old, red pick-up truck. By the time the ambulance came, he was declared DOA. I will never forgive myself for that. I let him run into the street to get our dog, Lacy, and I didn't see it coming. Two seconds later, he was on the floor, blood seeping out of his white shirt. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move, couldn't talk, I should've done something. I could've saved him.

There was something wet dripping down my face, and then I felt the rain begin pounding on my back. Now I was soaking wet, and standing on the edge of a bridge 60 feet up in the air. I took in a deep breath, and watched as the air froze before my eyes. I was so concentrated on my breathing that I didn't realize my foot slipped and I began to fall.

"HEY, WAIT! NO!" Was I dreaming? Maybe I'm already dead. No...someone was here. I was hanging on to someone; at least, someone was hanging on to me.

"It's okay, I got you. Don't let go, alright? I'm pulling you up, just hang on." The voice sounded pretty desperate, what was going on? Oh right, I almost fell off the bridge and tried killing myself. That was when I realized I had my eyes closed throughout the whole thing. I opened one eye at a time and was met with the most beautiful brown eyes. They were filled with panic, he was yelling out something, but I couldn't quite hear.

"Calum! Come here and help me pull her up! OI MICHAEL, GET OVER HERE!" he yelled.

"Ashton, what the hell did you do?" Ashton? So that's his name. I think I might try and pull myself up now. I tugged at his arm and heard him blow out a sigh of relief. He probably thought I was dead or passed out. I felt someone grab my waist and bring me up, and all of a sudden I was on top of Ashton.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" If he hadn't screamed, I wouldn't have been able to hear him through the rain. It was getting harder, if that was even possible. I quickly got off of him and ended up tripping onto the guy with bleach blonde hair. I think his name is Michael. He put out his arms to catch me and held on until I was stable enough on my own two feet. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded to reassure him and turned back to Ashton.

"Do I have to repeat myself? What. The fuck. Do you think. You were doing?" he repeated, "Huh?"

"I don't know, okay? I don't." I whispered

"What?" he asked.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW! Why didn't you just let me fall?" I yelled. I took a step closer. "You should've just kept going and left me." And another step. "I deserve to die... I WANTED TO DIE." And another, until I was right in front of him pounding my fists against his chest. I started sobbing uncontrollably, sobbing into a stranger who just saved my life. All he did was let me cry. The rain was still pouring, his friends were still watching, and I was still completely, and utterly insane.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello my little cuzzmuffins. This is my second work in progress and school is actually starting within a week, so if this doesn't get many reads, I probably will end up taking this off until I actually have time to write. I've recently gotten really into 5SOS and when I mean recently, I mean early last year, so I decided to make a story for all the Ashton girls out there. I know I'm not the best writer, but this was one of my dreams, and I just had to make a story out of it. Depressing, I know. If you've read this far, I think you've realized that this is a depression type of story and if you don't like these kinds of fanfics, then i strongly encourage you to stop reading. I might also change the title later on in the story so I might not have a cover for a while, sorry. Feel free to comment your opinions and tips, and share if you really like it! much love, ailinh xx