On the homefront ch2

On the home front ch2

The jalopy was rumbling along smoothly but the sound of broken galas clinking on the floor boards. The jalopy had a two way shortwave radio so I turned it to the channel that was used by the French resistance. I heard a female voice calling out a address to a safe house for all resistance operatives that were in need of a place to stay. The jalopy was too loud and noticeable so I needed to find a place to ditch it. I saw a small bridge and a river so I parked it on the bridge. I first searched the two bodies of the German soldiers I had killed. I found a mp40 and a Luger. I hid the Luger in my satchel and carried the mp40 in my hands. I pushed the jalopy over the side of the bridge with the two soldiers and the used mg34 over the side of the bridge. And watch it half sink into the river bottom.

I could see smoke rising from a town on the horizon. I now understood That I needed to hide or get rid of the mp4O until I saw a Nazi checkpoint up on the road ahead. I skirted off the road and crept towards a small cottage in a field near the checkpoint. I crept around to the back of the cottage and I was met by a seventeen year old girl with a Russian model PPsh submachine-gun with a drum magazine and she was pointing it at my head. I immediately dropped my gun and raised my hands towards the sky.

"Who are you" she asked in French

" I hate the Nazis they killed my father" I told her

Again she asked me" who are you I'm not afraid to pull the trigger" " je m'appele Henri et twois?" "My name is Veronique, are you with the resistance?" she asked I replied thy I was on my way right now "but there is a big a-- Nazi checkpoint right there and I've already killed two and they killed my dad". This was when I started to notice that she was scanning my body with her eyes. She asked me if we should attack them now and I thought that was a good idea. We slowly approached the checkpoint and then with a nod of her head we emerged from the grass and fired into the checkpoint. The first guard was hit and his head exploded, his blood splattered across the ground around the checkpoint. The other sentries opened fire so we hid behind a concrete curb. The concrete chipped and some of the bullets hit the curb and ricocheted across the road I looked at Veronique an we locked eyes and rolled out from behind the curb and fired on the two other men. Veronique shot the first guard first through the stomach and blood sprayed across the motorcycle that was behind him. I hit the second guard through the neck which disintegrated and he simply slumped to the ground and his head rolled around for a half minute.

Veronique's POV

I saw the boy walking down the street and then approaching my house. He was armed so I walked down the stairs and picked up my PPsh submachine-gun and aimed it at him as he passed around my corner. He was tall around 5'10 with brown hair that fell into his eyes. He was handsome but he could still be a Nazi. I interrogated him and it turned out he was heading to join the resistance just like I was. We decided that it was a good idea to assault the checkpoint. I was amazed by his physique was amazing with broad soldiers and I was pretty shure that under his white Oxford shirt was at least a 6 pack. As we fought the Nazis I remembered how my mom had been raped and then killed by the Nazis. I shot the last soldier through the stomach ant the I turned to Henri. He was even cuter when he was sweaty and dirty than when he was clean. His sweat had glued the shirt to his eight-pack( I was right!) I ran to him and hugged him. I don't know why but it made sense at the time and he hugged me back. Finding peace in each other's arms.