Chapter 7

I just want to say that there is some minor language in here. It's nothing major but I wanted to warn you just in case. Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________

I stood in front of Cayden, heart racing. I didn’t know what to say, especially after Cain and Asher had just called him Daddy. My eyes were wide as I stared at the only guy I had ever loved. Even in my panicked state, I couldn’t help but notice that he looked different than the last time I had seen him. He was more muscular, his shirt defining his muscles even more. His brown hair, which was always slightly shaggy to where the ends of it hung in his eyes, was not cut short. His blue eyes, always filled with laughter and happiness and love, were now somewhat lifeless. Cayden had always been the most handsome guy I knew and I could tell that the years apart had done him justice.

“Kenzi?” he asked incredulously, staring down at me.

Before I could say anything, my attention was drawn to my phone that was still clutched in my hand.

“Mommy! Where’d you go?” Asher asked, sounding slightly frantic.

I hesitantly brought the phone back to my face and a smile instantly spread across my face. I couldn’t help it, looking at my sons always made me smile.

“Kenz? Is everything okay?” I heard James ask through  the phone.

“It’s fine. I’ve just run into Cayden is all. Watch the boys for me and I’ll call later,” I said before ending the conversation.

“You’re a mom?” Cayden asked and I could see a bit of hurt in his eyes.

“Cayden, I think we need to talk,” I said softly, ignoring his question.

“You have a kid?” he asked, dazed, not acknowledging what I said.

“Yes, but we need to talk,” I repeated, slipping my phone in my pocket.

He didn’t say anything, just stood staring at me. Before I could say anything, he pushed past me, towards the elevator. I whirled around to stare after him.

“Cayden!” I yelled.

“I need to think,” is all he said before stepping in the elevator.

Frustrated, I pulled out my phone, dialing Tegan’s number. I knew Liam would be with her and I needed my best friends’ help. She answered on the third ring and I started talking before she got a chance to say a greeting.

“Come get me, I need your help. I just ran into Cayden.”

*****************************************

“Let me get this straight. You were talking to the boys when you walked into Cayden. When you fell, the boys saw him and yelled Daddy. Then he walked off after realizing that you’re a mom,” Tegan clarified.

“Yes. That’s not the way I planned for the meeting with Cayden to go. I didn’t even know he was here. Easton told me he wouldn’t be here until tomorrow,” I said.

Tegan had come to the hospital to pick me up while Liam had gone to talk to Cayden. Tegan and I were sitting on the couch at Liam’s house that he had just moved in to, waiting for him to get back. I wanted to know if he was able to talk to Cayden and what he said. I looked around the house, noticing that it had a cozy, homey feel to it already.

“So are you moving in with Liam?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

“We’ve talked about it. He wants me to but I’m not sure. That’s a big step and I don’t know if I’m ready for it. What happens if I move in and we figure out we don’t do well living together? I don’t want to lose him,” she answered.