Chapter [Five]

Starr was good for hacking when you wanted to know things about people, like an address. I didn't have a last name but there was a Sabrina Haus that fit Ashbry's description of her perfectly. Plus I recognized her from the caller ID picture. I think it was too easy to find her, since she was local and I didn’t have to strain myself to find her. It almost worked out too good.

I pulled up into the little cabin like house in about an hour after TWRE; I cleverly nicknamed what happened “The worst reaction ever.” I found it fitting; I had to swallow my worries now. Crazy what ifs were running through my head faster than I could ignore them. I walked up the cute steps, glancing at the porch and I heard a baby squealing.

What? A baby?! I decided I had to get through the wondering stage; I brought my right hand up and did three quick, clear knocks. I would die with all the assumptions my mind was going to. The worst one I figure is that the baby is Ashbry’s.

“Hold on,” I heard someone moan from somewhere deep in the house.

I heard somebody’s feet slapping roughly on the floor before seeing the door jerk open, I realized I was standing to close and immediately backed up; figuring it’d be weird to be so close to the door.

 “Hey, oh wait. You aren’t the postman.” I saw a twenty something giggled as she looked me over. She had red, almost pink  hair that was pulled back in a sloppy pony tail; she was wearing a strapless shirt with a floral pattern and a pair of simple jeans. She also had a boyish looking baby attached to her right hip; he had a mini Mohawk with the little blonde hair that was obviously scattered around his head beforehand. Was this the infamous Sabrina?

 “Nope, that’s not me. Um, you aren’t Sabrina by any chance. Are you?” I asked, sounding pretty nervous. I never wanted to hear no as an answer anymore than I did in that one second. And sadly, she couldn’t give it to me.

“Yes, that’s me,” She switched the baby to her left hip before continuing. “Who’s asking?”

~

“You’re not going to tell him I came by, right? I wouldn’t want to get him more pissed off. . .”

She laughed as her eyes flickered over to Alpha, her baby boy who was making noises with his lips while playing with a chewed up looking fire truck. “I totally agree, Ashbry tends to get mad easily. It’s not like he can help it. That reminds me of this one time three or so years ago. . .”

I didn’t listen to Sabrina as she excitedly told me about another one of her and Ashbry’s wild adventures. I wonder where his wild streak went as I pretended to care about seeing what time it was.

“Oh! Jesus, look at the time. Thank you so much for letting me waste so much  your time. I’ll see you around?” I got up and went to the door; my eyes were glued to Alpha. He looked a lot like Ashbry, but with Sabrina’s nose. I didn’t even have to ask her if it was his baby. She explained it in the story she told me and the evidence was right on Alpha’s face. She told me that Ashbry was the best thing that had ever happened to her, and she just wanted a second shot at keeping him around. Now that she knew what good happened when he came, she wanted him around a lot more. But from what I heard from Ashbry, it was quite the opposite on his side about Sabrina. I predicted that if Ash got back with Sabrina, then he would go back to his old destructive ways.

“Oh it’s no problem, too bad you can’t stay longer! Bye!” I didn’t know if Sabrina really meant what she said but I was so happy she answered all my questions. At least I wouldn’t go home tonight and stay up wondering, she answered even the things that I probably wouldn’t have if I were her.

Sabrina thinks Alpha is the only reason why Ashbry bothers with her “sorry ass” anymore. I pulled up to the apartment soon enough, I had no way of seeing if Ashbry was home or not so I could prepare myself. I figured I could just act like it didn’t even happy, I could do that.