Chapter 18 - The Assault

*Rainbow Dash's P.O.V.* I walked back inside the warehouse, and it seemed everyone was in preparation, i hadn't given the order to prepare for war yet, but i couldn't very well stop them all of a sudden just because their commander was confused, so i quickly looked for Octavia.

it didn't take very long to find here amongst the crowd of troops and such, she seemed to have stayed in the comms room, so i approached her from behind and tapped her shoulder "hey octavia, why is everyone preparing for full assault?" she turned around to face me "oh, well, Celestia just gave us the order to prepare for a full scale attack against sombra."

i picked up a headset "get the princess on the line, i want to speak to her" she nodded and began pressing buttons on the dashboard till princess celestia showed up on the big screen "Yes Commander?"

i pressed a button on the headset so my microphone would turn on "yes, princess, i need to ask, why are we assaulting sombra now?, i don't know if we're ready for this kind of battle, we lost quite a bit of people during our fight with chrysalis, i don't know how we'll make it through this with any soldiers left." she chuckled "oh rainbow, these soldiers are determined to see the end of sombra, so they're willing to run into the field of battle and die for equestria if it means their families can live in peace and harmony."

i sighed softly "well, if you believe we're prepared enough to face him, then i'll make sure we're more than ready with enough firepower to knock his castle to the ground." she nodded and terminated the communications right as i heard the sound of a few hundred guns cocking all at once.

i took off the headset and sprinted out the door to see everyone aiming at the front door, so i walked through the crowd till the person came into view, it was none other than the spirit of chaos himself, Discord.

he waved and chuckled "hey Rainbow, i came by to try and help with your war, well, more like celestia sent me so that you could have some extra power on your side" i sighed and raised my hand to signal my men to lower their weapons "enter unannounced and next time there might not be much mercy to an intrusion like this discord."

he nodded and walked over "well commander, how can i help?" i looked him in the eyes "well, you can help us by moving the heavy stuff with your chaos magic, i know that's an easy task for you, then after that meet in the conference room for the attack plan like everyone else."

he got right to work and i went to my room to prepare my equipment, and make some minor adjustments to the defense it provided me, when i got in my room i found shy sitting on the bed with her hands covering her face and her soft sobs echoed throughout the room.

i dashed over and knelt before her "whoa, whoa, fluttershy, honey, are you ok?" i lightly rubbed her back and she looked up at me with a look of fear "no rainbow, i'm not ok, i'm far from ok." i sat next to her and held her close while rubbing her back "wanna tell me what's wrong?"

she looked up at me "i-i don't want you to die, i d-don't want any of our friends to die" i nodded softly "i know shy, i don't want anyone dying either, but we have to do this battle, we have to win for everyone" i gently rubbed her shoulder "shy, think you could do something for me?" she looked into my eyes with hers.

"could you stay here and keep the warehouse safe for when i get back?, and keep octavia and vinyl safe?" she looked at me with a hint of anger, and soft rage as she yelled at me "And what will i do if you die?!, you expect me to just sit here idly while you go and get yourself killed?!, do you even know what i'd do if you died?!, i'd kill myself!"

it tinged in my mind for a second then i teared up slightly "y-your right, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry, i just wanted you to live through this all and have a happy life, one not ruined by my natural attachment of danger." she gently lifted my chin and kissed my cheek "we'll live through this rainbow, and even if we don't at least we'll die with each other."