Dark Hearts From the Sea

I originally uploaded this story on Quizilla and sadly I haven't been able to give this story much love. I only get one day off from work and all other times I'm watching my son. So I'll start working on these again soon.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Inspirational music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdk6P2ts3H4&feature=my_favorites&list=FL_2JIl79c4vA

~~~~~~~~~''"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You gently flowed in the warm water. The blue sky above you was all you could focus on. Not even the question of 'where am I' or 'what's happening' could penetrate your mind. You continued to stare at the sky, the current flowing passed your fingers. The waves pushed and pulled on you. Finally a spot of white came into view, 'a cloud' came to your attention. Then an actual thought, 'Where did that come from?' Your glazed eyes followed the cloud and with effort you rose an arm up to grasp it. Sadly you felt nothing but a light breeze grace your arm. 'Why can't I touch it?' you asked your self conscience but no answer came. The waves kept pushing and pulling on your body so you drifted into unconsciousness.

Time passed and you awoke to the stillness, feeling the gritty sand under your body. Opening your eyes you saw palm prongs instead of the blue sky. There was a noise off to the side, something moving over the sand but you cared not to look. Graying hair came into your view as a creature stopped near to you. "Are you alright?" asked a deep voice. You turned your glazed eyes toward the scruff of hair and found a hard faced man looking at you over his sunglasses. A scar had permanently shut one eye and he had a scruffy face from what wasn't covered by a large collar. The man leaned further over and you could see his coat was a deep red color. "You must have ship wreaked out at sea." he said as his one eye looked you over. "Can you speak?"

You only stared at the man like you were staring into the sky. His lips had moved and sound had come out; you could understand what was being said but you simply had nothing to reply with. You watched him kneel in the sand and pull a green vial from his coat. He pulled out the cork and cradled your head in the crook of his arm. "Here. Swallow." He said as the glass kissed your bottom lip. Your body swallowed the bitter liquid, every last drop. The man placed the vial in his coat before grabbing up your limp body and craddling it close. "I am a friend. I will take care of you until you are well. Now rest." You began to fall asleep to the rocking motion of his gate. The clouds above moved slowly bathed in hues of pink, purple and orange. If only you had known just what a turbulent existence your soul was born into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark Hearts From the SeaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara