ukiss hoon and aj

2009-2010: Solo career[edit source | editbeta]

Hoon debuted as a solo ballad singer under his real name and released an extended play Pure & Love with the title track Bus on September 9, 2009.[2] The following year, he released a digital single entitled Beginning.[3] Aside from singing, Hoon also appeared on SBS drama Athena: Goddess of War as the president's bodyguard.

2011: As a member of U-KISS and acting career[edit source | editbeta]

After the departure of Alexander and Kibum,[4] NH Media announced that Hoon and PARAN's AJ will be joining U-KISS. He was picked for his strong vocals and good looks. He made his debut as a member of U-KISS through the group's fifth mini album Bran New Kiss which was released on March 30, 2011 with the title song "0330" and U-KISS swept music charts with their comeback.[5]

Hoon along with bandmates Dongho, Kiseop and Soohyun began filming movie with Jay Park, Kim Soo Ro and Park Yejin with a working title Mr. Idol in February 2011. It was the group's first movie. Later that year, it was announced that Hoon and Dongho will star in Super Action TV's Holy Land, a four-part movie about rebellious high school students.[6] The movie is scheduled to air on April 28, 2012.

In May 2013, Hoon was cast in Korean musical The Memory 2013 as Eunsoo, a role he shared with singer Brian Joo.[7] He and Kiseop were also cast for the leading roles of the musical Goong, which is to be held in Osaka from July 11, 2013 to July 15, 2013. [8]

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005-2010: PARAN career[edit source | editbeta]

Aj debuted as a part of PARAN in 2005 when he was 14. Their debut song was “첫사랑” (First Love).

2011: As a member of U-KISS[edit source | editbeta]

After the departure of Alexander and Kibum,[1] NH Media announced that AJ and former soloist Hoon will be joining U-KISS, which is the same label PARAN is under. He made his debut as a member of U-KISS through the group's fifth mini album Bran New Kiss which was released on March 30, 2011 with the title song "0330" and U-KISS swept music charts with their comeback.

2012–present: Columbia and the first sub-unit "uBEAT"[edit source | editbeta]

AJ was admitted to Columbia University in the United States in 2011.[2] It was announced on July 29, 2012, in their Japanese Live Tour that AJ will be in hiatus for five months and will no longer attend activities of U-KISS starting in August to concentrate on his studies.[3] Before AJ's temporary departure from the group, the group attended the A-Nation opening ceremony at the Tokyo National Stadium. AJ returned to U-KISS on February 16 to attend their Valentine's Day Event.

uBEAT[edit source | editbeta]

On April 8, NH Media confirmed "U-KISS’ first sub-unit 'uBEAT' will debut at the end of April". The sub-unit is composed of members Eli and AJ with Kevin featuring on the title track as the main vocalist. The sub-unit is also said to have its title track produced by the Brave Brothers, who previously produced their hit "Man Man Ha Ni" and uBEAT is set to release a mini-album with 2 or 3 new songs.