Chapter 7

I'm dedicating this chapter to the amazing DreamWeaver14! I really like your story and if anyone hasn't read it, it's called Against All Odds and its really good! Cheak it out if you get a chance!

Hey! I really hope that you like this chapter, I don't know if it's any good cuz I am really skeptical of my own work so if you like comment! If you think it needs work, comment! Whatever you think, comment!

**************************************************

~Chapter 7~

I unlocked my door and hurriedly ran to my bathroom, slamming the door behind me and before I could turn on the water for a shower, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Yep, I had streams of mascara caked onto my cheeks and my eyes were puffy and red, I looked exactly how I did when my mom died. Gah! I need to stop thinking about that! Nothing will ever get better if I don't completely forget about everything that happened in the past and just move on. I've been telling myself that ever since I was 9, a year after my mom died. Everyday at school right after she died, something would remind me of my mom and I would burst into tears and I would have to wait in the nurses room until I stopped crying, that went on for a year. Finally I told myself to man up and start behaving like my mom would because I knew, for David and Annette's sake, I would have to try to be their parent, their only parent. So every time I was reminded of my mom and wanted to cry I just told myself nothing would ever change if I didn't forget the past.

When I was done gaping and myself, I turned on the water and jumped in. Showers were the only way I could symbolically wash away the troubles of the day and all of my problems. But somehow these problems couldn't be washed away with symbolism because an hour later I was crying again, sobbing uncontrollably was more like it. When I got out of the shower I walked into the living room and thought watching T.V. would be a good way to forget everything that happened, was happening, and going to happen, boy was I wrong. Every channel only had more coverage on teens dealing with the concept of having to go to war and actually kill people. That's when I started crying, I had gotten another slap from reality. I would actually have to kill a living breathing person. Either that or they would kill me, whichever came first, and that's when I lost it, again, for the third time that day. I really need to get a grip, I harshly scolded myself and immediately I manned up. But just when I stopped crying the phone rang.

“Hello?” I said, trying to not make it too obvious that I was crying.

“Zoey, is it you?” Immediately I knew it was Jon.

“Yea, what do you want Jon?” I said nonchalantly, trying not to sound upset, even though I was on the verge of screaming in his ear, for what I honestly don't know, he didn't do anything directly to me but he made me think of what was going to happen in the future and I want to push that thought out of my head as long as possible because it will be my reality soon enough.

“I just wanted to make sure you were home and to make sure that your okay. If I said anything to upset you I'm sorry. I honestly was just trying to help but if I was in your situation I would probably be crying all the time.” His apology actually sounded genuine, I wasn't used to men apologizing. I had only had one boyfriend and he physically abused people, including me. There's also my father who contributes to my skepticism of everyone.

“I'm fine. Sorry to waste your time, but my life is falling apart. Oh, and would you mind telling David and Annette that it's time to come home? I don't want to go out in public looking like this.” I tried to sound as cold as I could even though with every passing moment I was one step closer to losing it.

“Ok, I'll let them know. But, Zoey, are you sure your ok? You didn't seem fine at the park and I don't think you sound fine right now to be truthful. If you want, you can stay here at our house until it's time for us to leave to war if you want because I don't want your last days spent...well, I know what you have to put up with on a daily basis and...it's not a relaxing environment if you know....what I mean...”He stuttered through the entire last sentence, I could tell it made him nervous to talk about my father because nobody with talk to me about it except Sara, if Sara was born in 1995 like I was then she would be going with me but I don't wanna wish something like that upon her. She doesn't need this headache anyway and neither do her parents, her life isn't as screwed up as mine but it's still not picture perfect.

“I'm fine, just send David and Annette back here, I would rather just wallow in self pity, thank you very much.” I thought about hanging up before he could say another word but I couldn't force my hand to hit the end call button.

“Alright. They'll be home soon. I'll see you later.” He sounded so disappointed like I had single handedly destroyed everything. Seconds later I heard the tone ringing annoyingly in the background. I clicked the end call button finally and set the phone down gently on the coffee table beside me, carefully going over what Jon had just suggested. I was filled with both anger and shock. Enraged because he thought I was fit to watch 2 children by myself in my condition and shocked because he actually suggested me staying at his house. I was thinking of all the reasons why Jon would actually want me to stay at his house until we were going to be shipped off and all I could think of was that his parents made him. Just as I was thinking why even his parents would want me to stay there, the doorbell rang out, scaring the pee out of me. I ran to the door, knowing it was David and Annette. When I opened the door, my jaw dropped in shock and disbelief.

“I told you to send David and Annette here not deliver them.” I grabbed their hands and pulled them inside. I was about to slam the door shut right in Jon's face when he slapped the door.

“I wanted to see if you had been crying. Please let me in. I want to know if I did anything wrong.” He started off with a raised voice and slowly it tapered off, almost like he was embarrassed or something.

“No. I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.” Again, I was about to close the door when I heard someone stumbling up the driveway and I smelled liquor and cigarette smoke and I knew that he finally decided to show up. My face must've contorted when I smelled him because he smirked, knowing that he had won.

“Are you gonna let me in?” He asked, with the smirk still plastered on his face.

“No. Let's just go back to your house. Let me just grab some stuff.” If my father hadn't shown up then I would've been fine, he screws everything up. I grabbed a few things of mine like clothes and shoes and make up and stuff then grabbed some things for the twins and seconds later, I was staring into the eyes of my father. He had shoved Jon aside and was now glaring at us.

“Gavin, we are going to stay with Jon and his family.” I said pointing to Jon, quietly I added “not that you care anyway.”

“Don't call me Gavin you little brat!” He roared. The next thing I knew, Gavin had slapped me as hard as he could and was cursing at me and occasionally throwing a slap in with all of his insults, saying that I was 'a little whore' and that 'I was getting what I deserved'. Everything was a blur and seconds later, Jon was standing over me, trying to revive me. I looked into his ocean blue eyes and I felt like all of my problems were gone, that he could take care of everything and it felt like everyone was gone, it was only us and all of the stupid, idiotic, meanies were gone and that everything was okay, until I drifted off into unconsciousness.

*************************************************************

So thank you DreamWeaver14 for being awsome and if you want me to dedicate a chapter to you, comment or pm me or something!! Please COMMENT, VOTE, FACEBOOK LIKE, AND/OR FAN!!!!!!!! Seriously, comment I can't make this story unless you comment and tell me what you think I should do!!!!!!!!

Keep reading

~dementedwars~