Chapter 24

Thanks to innocent9146 for the kool banner!!!!

Alex with Luke and Justin had questioned James for part of the night before they went with some of the enforcer to begin patrolling the borders the rest of the night.

What they learnt from James was that a rusty coloured wolf charged them killing Henry instantly giving James enough time to shift and fend off the attack he didn’t escape unscathed he had cracked a few ribs but was fine otherwise.

He told Alex that he had been able to wound the wolf as well but he wasn’t sure how badly he had wounded him.

Alex walked into our room a little after 6am he looked exhausted he fell into the bed beside me pulling me into his arms before falling asleep.

I woke up two hours later feeling sick Alex was still asleep I got up making my way to the bathroom after brushing my teeth and brushing my hair I took the pill bottle out of the cabinet that the pack doctor had given me.

I went downstairs and started making pancakes who doesn’t love pancakes with strawberries and bacon, according to the label on the bottle I had to eat before taking it.

I placed the two plates with apple juice on a tray taking it back to the room Alex was still asleep.

Gently nudging him he rolled over on to his tummy “Alex” I whispered in his ear while passing the plate under his sensitive nose, that got his attention sitting up I could see that he was still tired he has dark circles under his eyes.

As we sat and ate I could see that Alex was worried “Alex what are you thinking about?”

“I’m worried as I don’t know who is behind these attacks and now that you’re pregnant the last thing I want is another attack here I’d rather attack them on their own grounds.”

I could sense his frustration if there was an attack here I wouldn’t be able to shift I was deep in thought and hadn’t realized that Alex had gotten off the bed it was when he jumped through our bedroom window that I noticed he was gone.

He mind linked me telling me to stay put he would be back soon what is he up to; I thought sure enough Alex was back after being gone for 10 minutes.

“Raven I have something to show you” Alex said while taking my hand and leading me down stairs and towards the forest.

“If anything should happen to me and I’m not able to protect you promise me that you will come here and lock yourself in the security chamber the doors will be able to with stand a were wolf and give other pack members time to neutralize any threat before coming to you.”

This was scaring me but I knew he was making sure his pup and I would be safe even if he’s not there to protect us.

That thought worried me what if I lost Alex how would i go on?.

He brought me to an area of the woods that was filled with beautiful purple flowers in bloom the smell of them was sweetly intoxicating they were all you could smell.

Alex walked up to a large stone that was partially hidden by the shrubs he took my hand and placed it on the side of the rock to my huge surprise it moved showing an opening as we stepped inside I realized it was a small bunker with a bed a TV CCTV camera’s a small pantry stocked with food supplies, fridge and a stove.

“My grandfather had built this for my grandmother and ever since then only my family and my beta and third in command are aware of its existence, promise me Raven if anything should happen you will come here without hesitating.”

 “I promise” I said while looking into his light blue eyes I saw relief wash over Alex.

“With the CCTV camera’s you will be able to see what’s going on outside its connected to the feed we get inside the pack house.”

After showing me everything in the security chamber we made our way back to the pack house Alex had suspended my training and while he slept I started decorating the room next to ours turning it into a nursery.

The pack doctor had mind linked me a few days later asking me to come in for a check up I asked Alex if he wanted to come to my check up he was excited and told me he would come and get me.

The pack doctor was doing an ultra sound to see how far along I am and how the pup was developing as the grainy picture came on the screen the pack doctor smiled "Alpha and Luna it seems there’s two pups if you listen carefully you can even hear two heart beats."

Alex was kissing my face then he looked up at the doctor “How far along is Raven and can you tell the sex of the pups?”

The doctor went back to the grainy screen “Seems the Luna is about a month along and from what I can see it’s a boy and a girl.”

Alex was beyond happy “Raven we are having a boy and a girl” he said excitedly I laughed “I know Alex I’m here as well”

********************

Hey everyone this is a short chapter building up for the next chapter, also any ideas for names for the twins please let me know.

Thanks