Leaving

"ABIGAIL WRIGHT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN OFFICE NOW"

Oh crap, what have I done? I really hope I'm not in trouble, I will mess up my good grades and ruin my chances going on the trip! Crap, I hope not. I think to myself panicking

I stand up straight, I straighten my uniform and walk causally out the classroom, trying to avoid everyone's eye contact and whispers. I walk towards the office, bricking my pants, nervous about why I've been called to the office.

Once i reach the office I take a seat outside the head teachers office, waiting impatiently, fiddling with my fingers, biting on my lip.

"Abigail" my head shoots up to see my head teacher standing over me "follow me" I gave him a quick smile before following him into his office shaking, I take a seat on the opposite side of his desk.
"Abigail, what can I say" he said looking over his glasses that say on the bridge of his nose, then glancing back down at the paper work, my hand start getting sweaty.

"You signed up for a student exchange programme" I nodded really fast! Why.
"I'm sorry to say" I glanced at him, my heart racing, I'm probably sweating, I knew it was bad news! I looked back down at me trousers
"Abigail, you won't be seeing you for 6 months, you have been accepted for the programme, you have the best grade, best attendance and I asked you teachers about you, and they said you're a delight to teach, and that you would be perfect for this". He smiled, I looked at him with the biggest smile on my face, I could've kissed him. Eww no I couldn't. BUT DAMN IM GOING TO AUSTRALIA! YASS

I ran home, not managing to contain my excitement.
"MUM, MUM, DAD I GOT ACCEPTED FOR THE STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMME IM GETTING TO GO TAE AUSTRALIA" I screamed in excitement, making my Scottish accepted thicker than usual, I start dancing around the living room, earning funny looks from my parents.

"Honey, that is amazing, we are so proud of you, but one thing" I stopped dancing and jumping about and looked at her? "What?" "YOU need to be a little less crazy, because I think you'd scare the people with your craziness" my mum said laughing, my dad agreeing and laughing along with her.

--------------
-At the airport-

"Honey, I'm going to miss you loads! Please, please phone, text or even umm, what it called ahhhh, Skype us before bed! Okay?" My mum said, tears escaping her eyes, she wiped her tears and engulfed me into a huge hug, I hugged her back then turned to my dad.

"I'm going to really miss you, who's gonna help me piss your mum off? Play the Xbox with me? Or who's gonna sit and play lion king on the computer with me?" He said wiping the tears escaping from his eyes, he also gave me a massive hug.

"Mum, dad I'm going to miss you like crazy, of course I will contact so often you'll be sick of the sight of me" I smiled "Also dad I'm sure you'll manage, if the people have a Xbox, I'll get a shot and play you online, and still kick your ass at COD! For the lion king, please don't play it without me? That's our thing and you can do it without me, I wanna be there when we complete it, okay? I said hugging them both for the last time till 6 month, I wave goodbye as i board the plane tears running down my face.