Waning Moon

Beep, beep, beep, beep, the sound echoed through the almost empty store.  I looked up at the customer who was holding a fussy baby. Obviously these were last minute items they must have ran out off. I told her the price she paid it and left in a hurry before the baby starts crying.

“Stilinski!” the familiar voice said.

I turned to the voice and it was my manager.

“Times up, punch out,” he said and walked back into the office.

I sighed loudly and turned off the register and walked into the employee lounge and to my locker.  I stuffed my smock in and the pulled out my cellphone and keys then slammed the door closed. I clocked out and walked to my car, I paused midway a sudden feeling of me being watched. I looked around and up, there wasn’t anything.  Once I approached my jeep and looked in to see if anyone was there the unlocked it and got in.  I peeled out of the parking lot and headed to the apartment.  It was pitch black dark when I got half way.  It was a heavily dense wooded area, so I was alert, because deers have a habit of jumping out unexpectedly.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and then something jumped into the road.

“WHOA!!” I twisted the jeep causing it to spin a 360, the tires screeching as the jeep turned.

The jeep stopped and I panted trying to calm down.  I looked behind me and saw nothing and looked in front of me and saw nothing.

I started the Jeep again, it stalled once then roar to life, I sped toward my apartment ignoring all speed limits.   I parked into the parking lot and got out. My head was in confusion, I walked up the stairs and a few steps to the left I was in front of my apartment. I unlocked my door and walked in closing the door behind me. I turned on the lights as I went to the kitchen and I grabbed the ice cream out of the freezer, then the spoon and flopped on the couch.

The creature that jumped out in front of me, the headlight shined in its eyes, it reflected blue.  I was familiar with that shade of blue eyes.

Why would he be here, it’s been nearly ten years since I last saw any of them.

Ten years ago Scott, Derek, Allison, Jackson and I had defeated the alpha, it wasn’t long after things began to drift apart with me and them.  Derek turned Jackson into a werewolf.  Scott and Allison grew closer.  My dad died of a heart attack six months after the alpha thing and I just left town, left my cellphone behind and got a few of my clothes and left town without a word.

I left and didn’t look back, and suddenly HE shows up.  My only hope it was just my imagination and it was a deer that jumped in front of me.

I put the left over ice cream back in the freezer and I headed to the couch which is my bed as well, I kicked off my shoes and lay on the couch trying to fall asleep.

Mystery person POV (you probably know who this is)

Stiles body was lying on the couch.

Finally found you.

I sat on the branch, my back leaned against the trunk and I stared on the sleeping body in that apartment.