The First Alice

Ooh, are you a visitor? Funny, I wasn't expecting anyone to be coming in to visit today. Come in, I don't bite. So what brings you here? A story? Hmm, I don't know many stories. How about The Alice story, you know with the different Alices and the cards. You say you've heard that one before. Ooh but you've never heard how I tell it now have you. Very well than, let the story begin.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started on a cloudy afternoon. The whole city seemed to be filled with gloom. On that day there was a woman walking back from work, not expecting it to be so dark that day. "Damn, I knew I should have brought an umbrella." Suddenly something had caught her eye. "Funny, I don't remember that building being there." Then as if those words had set off a switch, it started to rain heavily. "Well I guess there’s no choice" The woman decided to head inside the place since there seemed to be no other place to go.

It wasn't the best lit place ever but with the rain it would have to do. "I'll just stay until the rain calms down" she told herself. Suddenly she heard a soft voice of what seemed like a child whisper to her "Why hello there, you must be the first Alice. Please come closer." First Alice? Like Alice in Wonderland, but there was only one Alice in that story. The woman wasn't really sure that she wanted to come near the child, but some other worldly force seemed to be pulling her towards the child. "Good job, now I want you to take this." The youngster handed the lady a card, it was the ace of spades. Then something came over the woman. It was as if some unexplainable force had taken over her body. She noticed something glisten on the table, it was a knife. Without her mind giving any consent she took the knife and ran off.

"Well," the little child started "everything is going to plan... I think."

The woman had no idea what had gotten into her, It was hours later and she had already witness the death of countless people, by her own hands. She could feel the blood drip down from the knife to her hand, it gave a chill down her spine, but it also gave her a since of excitement. It was the only thing that kept her going.

Of coerce people could only go on murderous rampages for so long before the police would come after them. So of course the woman found herself surrounded by countless amounts of them. "Please unhand the weapon and put your hands up, I repeat put your hands up"

The next morning the story was all over the news; there wasn't a single person who didn't know about the incident. The headlines of all the newspapers wrote. "Blood Red Path Leads to Crazed Murderer." It turns out that the woman was sent to life in prison, even though many believed she should have been executed. Oh and that little place, it was still there. The child sat there all alone with a little doll, singing a little tune.

The first Alice was gallant with a sword in hand

She skipped off into the woods and off to Wonderland

Cutting anyone and anything that blocked her path

Up until the Earth was soaked with red to show her wrath

Such an Alice was to be trapped inside the trees

A criminal locked away forced to beg on her knees

Other than the path she made while cutting in the wood

No one knew she existed and she was gone for good