One More Chance (Naruto Fanfiction)

DISCLAIMER!!!: I (sadly) don't own any of the Naruto characters but if I had to own one it'd obviously be Sasuke! But I do own the random character I stuck in but they will never compare to SasukeXD

Prolouge***

The corners of Orochimaru's lips curved up into a menacing smile.

"Yes," he drawled, his voice slightly raspy. "Only one month. Then Sasuke's body will be mine." His voice raised an octave and the corners of his purple painted lips turned up higher as he fantasized.

Oh, the suspense was killing him. He could hardly wait. In only 30 days he will have the Sharingan.

The powers those eyes held was simply amazing. Those eyes he yearned for since the day he saw its strengths used by Itachi Uchiha.

ⓕⓛⓐⓢⓗⓑⓐⓒⓚ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FLASHBACK

"A new member has arrived," Pein informed them impassively.

*clump* *clump* *clump* *clump* was the only sound heard as the Akatsuki members watched their new member arrive, Orochimaru among them.

His head was tilted down so his face was unseen and he wore battle attire. Battle attire Orochimaru recognized Leaf ninjas to wear. You could see the Leaf headband on his forehead with a long scratch across the Leaf symbol, meaning he had betrayed the village. He raised his head slowly, and through the mass of raven black hair he opened his eyes and looked at them.

Orochimaru's eyes widened and a trace of a smile formed at his pale lips. "Uchiha Itachi."

Red eyes met hazel eyes. Red eyes called the Sharingan.

Was Orochimaru looking at the very man who killed the whole Uchiha clan? He was supposedly one of the strongest people of his age. He was a prodigy, ANBU captain at age 13 and known to never lose.

He wanted those eyes. He needed those eyes. Those eyes that could copy any jutsu. Those eyes that could see through any illusion.

He was going to get those eyes.

And, to Orochimaru's luck, Itachi was his partner.

Later on, as they walked up some stairs outside, alone, Orochimaru's eyes lingered on Itachi's back. You'd think he'd wear his clan's crest somewhere, considering he was the last of them, but he wore the Akatsuki cloak constantly. A leaf ninja wearing an Akatsuki robe.

'You destroyed the Uchiha. What brings you here to the Akatsuki?' he wondered.

No matter. He planned to take advantage of this moment. They were alone right now with no witnesses and too far for anyone to hear his screams of pain. It was perfect.

A brown snake hissed silently as it emerged from his large, black sleeve. Its long body stretched over to him soundlessly and it curved its spineless back, preparing to strike.

And then it lunged, wrapping its long scaly body around him, trapping him.

"One who possesses the precious Sharingan appears before me," he mused, anticipation building up in him. "How lucky I am."

Itachi's only reaction was his eyes widening a fraction of an inch and his body going stiff. Leaves blew all around them, some hitting his still body.

A gust of wind came, blowing Orochimaru's long black hair out of his face. He smirked. "I will have your body!"

Black eyes turned into red and black ones. But Orochimaru had not noticed.

"Aa-!"

His pupils shrunk as he only managed to make that small sound of surprise as he became immobile.