twelve

unedited

。。。

I stood, my hands clenching into fists as anger boiled up inside my body. I could hear my blood boiling and I felt as if any second I would explode. I had just gotten home from school to find that dad and mom were stood in the living room. Andrew and Anthony were stopped on the stairs and Alex seemed all too happy that they were here, but I wasn't, I couldn't be. They wanted us to come back, and I wasn't going to allow it. I wouldn't go back even if they had to force me, I'd rather much be stuck in an insane asylum.

"Alan, you have no choice. Either come back with us or..." Dad trailed off. His threat was empty, there wasn't much he could do. Sure he could take legal action, but how long would it take for me to end right back here?

"You can't make me." I said through gritted teeth. My nails were digging into the palms of my hands as I clenched my fists so tightly. I was sure that eventually my palms were going to bleed because I was being so harsh, but that didn't matter.

"Sweetie-" mom tried, but I cut her off.

"Don't sweetie me," I snapped. "You can't call me that anymore!"

"Don't talk to your mother like that Alan Anthony or so help me." Dad threatened. I glared at him, feeling my chest rising and falling at a quicken pace.

"Why do you want us to go back, huh? Just so that we can end up here again whenever you walk out on us?!" I screamed. "You're never going to stick around! You never have stuck around, so what makes any of this different?!" All the things that have built up inside me for these several weeks were beginning to pour out of me, along with tears that were forming.

"Things are going to be different, Alan, okay?" Dad said, I scoffed and shook my head.

"How am I suppose to know that? Everything that has ever came out of either of your mouths is basically a lie," I said, dad huffed with annoyance and shook his head.

"You are just so damn stubborn! You are coming with us whether you like it or not! I will drag you and brothers out of this house if I have too, now get your things, we're leaving." Dad hissed, and for once, I actually felt terrified of him, but me being me, I stood my ground and became even more angry along with scared.

"I am not going," I said slowly and that seemed to spark up an anger up in dad because in a few strides, he was stood in front of me, steam practically coming out of his ears. I didn't understand what the big deal was. Did they both really think- did dad really think that after years of being walked out on by mom and he going into some sort of depression that when mom came back, claiming things were going to be different, that we were just going to be one big, happy family? Did they really think that I wasn't going to be angry or upset about this and that their actions were affecting us all?

"You will be doing as I ask because I will not release myself," dad told me in a low, icy voice that sent shivers down my spine. I felt frozen in my spot, but I wasn't about to go down. "You are to be getting in that car within the next five minutes."

I leaned in close, almost in an intimidating way, but who was I kidding? No one could take serious a short boy with ginger hair. "I'm not going anywhere and neither are they." I said, and almost as the word spat out my mouth, my head was jeering to the right as pain though my jaw and head. I could hear gasping and the shouting of Aunt Melissa, but the only thought that rang through my head was; Dad had just hit me.

"David!" Aunt Melissa shouted, anger lacing through her voice. She stomped over and grabbed a hold of his arm, yanking him away.

"Fine, you want to stay here then go right ahead! But you are to never show your face at my house ever again or I will do so much worse!" Dad threatened and I just stood there, shocked. "Kids, your things, now." He said and they all scurried upstairs, gathering their things.