Sue you again

SUE YOU AGAIN (a Bump into love Sequel) written by Me (Mharliz)

JENNY smiled to herself as she remembered her bizarre encounter with an equally bizarre guy earlier that afternoon. Remembering that near death experience doesn’t give her chills but an overwhelming excitement. But why? She keeps on hearing John’s hoarse voice inside her head as her interviewee keeps on bombarding her with questions. 

“Ms. Jenny, are you listening?” the thick-eyed-glasses young lady HR head asked.

“Huh?” her mind automatically flew back to reality. She blushed. ‘Silly me, what was I’m thinking…tsk, in the middle of an interview. I must be out of my mind.’ “Yes, you were saying?” she said as if she did not space out.

“I was saying that so far you are the only applicant qualified for this position. So, if you could come here again tomorrow for your final interview that’ll be great,” she winced. Her tardiness doesn’t seem to affect her rankings. 

She bade goodbye to the HR head with a satisfied smile plastered on her face. 

The following morning she woke up late—all thanks to her aunt who kept her awake till past midnight. She hurriedly did her morning rituals and just like the other day she knew she’s going to be late.

She repeatedly murmured “Excuse” in every person she bumps into. Some cursing while other replies “Sorry” in response. 

She was about to cross the pedestrian lane when she tripped in her heels. Thinking she would hit the ground and will be greatly embarrassed, she tightly shut her eyes as a shaky shriek escaped her pale lips. 

She opened her eyes when she heard the thud but didn’t feel anything. To her outmost surprise beneath her was a familiar looking gentleman. 

“J-john?” she gasp when he grunted. “A-are you okay?” 

“Just stand up already. It’s dangerous where you’re sitting…” he trailed off and she froze in place when she realized that she was atop his precious ‘Gem’.

Flushing, she hurriedly stands to her feet as the guy stand beside her. “What are you doing here?”

“I deserve some thank you, you know,” he poked her cheeks. ‘Yay, what a strange feeling!’

“Oh, thank you,” she even bowed to the amusement of John. He lightly chuckled. “So, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, I saw you running along the side walk like you’re in some marathon. And I followed you…” 

“Ah… I see!” 

“So, I had sued you again, Jenny,” he playfully said with a grin across his handsome face. 

It’s her time to chuckle. “Yeah, we’d sued each other again…” she uttered playing along his tagline. 

“So, where are you heading this time?”

That’s when she remembered her final interview. “Oh crap! I’m late for my final interview. I have to go. Nice Suing you again, John. See you again, later…” she hurriedly turn her heels to run. 

“Hey Jenny!”

“Yeah?” she halts when he called her, furrowing her eyebrows she looked back.

“Sue or see?” 

She giggled, “See you!” then she crossed the pedestrian street running.

“TO this room Miss Jenny,” the assistant secretary led me to an empty yet elegant office. “Just wait for Mr. Salcedo he’ll be here soon,” she smiled back at the nice secretary. 

She studied the room when the secretary finally left her alone. It was a nice room… filled with paintings and antiques. It also smells nice. 

She snapped back to attention when she heard a click. A man was standing at the door with his back on her.

“Call Mr. Villanueva and set and set an appoint—“he stopped talking when he turned around and met her shock face, a mirror of his reaction.

“You!” they blurted in unison.

“Well… well… well seems like we keep on bumping to each other!” I wiggled an eyebrow at him. All the while he’s smiling. He shut the door at the face of her confused secretary before walking towards her.

“I guess I cannot sue you despite all the trouble when I can make you a slave of my heart…” she giggled and playfully slapped his arm.

END