Chapter 2

As I walked into the Flagon, I was greeted by the entire Thieves Guild. Even Vex, the typically hard and cold imperial, stopped to say hi.
"Lass, thank the divines you're here!" Brynjolf's voice made me smile.
"Bryn! Glad to see you." I smiled cheerfully. It was then that I just started to look around. I noticed that everyone was tense, as if they were preparing for an attack.
"Um...Bryn, is something wrong?" I asked nervously. Brynjolf shook his head.
"No, it's nothing! Just enjoy yourself. It's not every day that you're here, so just have fun! We're all having fun! Right, guys?" Everyone else nodded faintly. I still didn't buy into it. Brynjolf is lying and I know it. I searched the room for someone who would tell me the truth. Then my eyes laid on Delvin. He was honest and 100% authentic. In fact, the only time I had ever heard him tell a lie was to get out of a crime. I nodded at brynjolf and walked over to where Delvin was sitting. I sat down next to him. I looked into his eyes, and my intent was clear. "Okay, spill the damn beans, Delvin." I got right to the point, putting my hands on the table. He gave me an innocent look, which I knew was all too fake. "Sorry. Afraid I have no idea what you're talking about." He said innocently. I sneezed. "Oh sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit. Come on, Delvin. I know that's a lie and you do too." The corners of Delvin's mouth twitched.
"Meek as a kitten when I first saw ya. Stubborn as a mule when I warmed up to ya." I grinned.
"Well?" I looked at him impatiently. Delvin sighed.
"Sorry, but I'm not supposed to say. Brynjolf wanted you to have a good time; I'm not going to ruin it for you." I pouted at Delvin.
"Fine, I'll just find someone else who can tell the truth." I muttered. I walked up to Vekel. He was wiping down his counter.
"Okay, spit it out." I gave him one sharp glare and he caved.
"Alright Autumn, alright. Look, this is serious." He leaned towards me and said it lowly. "We're at war."