One

Meow.

Groaning, I slowly turned my sore body over only to come face-to-face with a pair of striking green eyes. My body reacted immediately and I lunged backwards, falling onto the plush carpet while slamming my head on the ground.

"What the hell Panther!" I yelled at my evil sidekick. The demonic cat just gave me a blank stare and wiggled his little black nose. "Damn you cat," I muttered and pinched the bridge of my nose. Panther, obviously offended, arched his back and hissed at me, baring his little needle-like teeth.

A few years back I had found Panther in a dumpster eating a banana peel. He was just a kitten, so I took pity on him and adopted the little guy. Honestly the biggest mistake of my life. The bastard enjoys inflicting pain on me; he's a sadistic cat. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I wake up to him pouncing on my feet and trying to bite off my toes.

That damn animal is evil.

But he is my back-up partner. He tags along with me when Kyle, my actual partner, isn't able to come with me on missions, or, he is on his own mission. It's sad to even say this, but Panther was a better partner than Kyle, who tended to trip over air and run into poles. The guy did not understand the concept of being quiet and stealthy. He had some issues. But I loved him like he's my own blood, like my brother.

My T.V. turned on by itself, signaling I was about to receive a mission.

"Agent Silverstone, this is your mission. If you choose to accept it or not, that is entirely up to you.."

The lady goes on explaining how there was a sighting of an Ancient Vampire near the Ground 18 headquarters and that he is wandering the streets of London killing off innocent humans and drinking witch blood. After the lady finishes explaining my job I flicked my wrist at the screen, silently telling her that I accept the job.

The screen goes black and I headed to the other side of my room and opened my walk-in closet, staring at the wide variety of clothes. Most of them were some kind of shade of a dark color, I hated wearing colorful clothes. It's stupid how some girls are a walking rainbow. Obviously, it's a major pet peeve of mine when people wear bright colors.

Running my finger across a series of shirts, I came across a black tank top that looked quite fitting. I slipped it on and grabbed my leather pants and quickly put them on. I grabbed my leather jacket and combat boots and walked in front of my vanity mirror as I put them on, feeling somewhat more cool as I do.

I snatched up my utility belt that holds various items such as two handguns, multiple knives, and my agency badge. I glanced at Panther and gave him a questioning gaze, silently asking him if he would like to tag along with me. He gave me a look that read No shit sherlock, let's blow this joint! and pranced over to the door.

I stared at the black cat for a few seconds then followed him out the door. "Want to see if Kyle wants to come?" I questioned my cat and he mewed and raised his paw in the air then darted off to Kyle's door. I walked behind him and laughed when he reached Kyle's room and started clawing at his door. Panther also took pleasure in torturing Kyle, doing things such as jumping onto his back and digging his claws into him and chewing holes in his pants. It was amusing, really.

I knocked on his door with my middle knuckle, "Kyle, ya in there?" I heard a muffled voice and arched my eyebrows in confusion. I slowly opened the door and froze.

"It's not even my birthday,

But he wanna lick the icing off.

I know you want it in the worst way,

{The worst way}

Can't wait to blow my candles out.."

Kyle sang along loudly, and very off-key, to Rihana's Birthday Cake while he danced around like a stripper..in only his boxers.

I could only stare at him in shock as he started to move his hips in a very feminine way. I was honestly kind of jealous of his moves..

"Imma make you my bitch-"

He stopped when his eyes landed on me. They widened and he dove into his bed and under the covers, "Pretend you never saw that!" he squealed like a girl, making me snap out of my trance. "What in the hell were you doing?" I asked and slowly raised my hands, showing him I wouldn't tell anyone. His head popped out from under his covers and I could see a faint blush spread across his cheeks. "I was- um..dancing?" he said, making it sound like a question. "More like stripping.." I muttered, and due to his enhanced hearing, his cheeks immediately turned a bright cherry red.

"Well, I was going to invite you to come with Panther and I on this mission but it seems as if you have other things that are more important." I said and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, "See ya later."

-

Panther rubbed up on the side of my leg and stared at the somewhat attractive blonde vampire. His hair was in a messy style and he had slight stubble growing. What the most mesmerizing thing about him was his extremely gorgeous grey eyes that were similar to the clouds before it rained. That evil bastard probably used his eyes to lure in his prey.

"Pants, how do you think we should weaken him?" I asked while looking down at the sly cat. He grinned like a Cheshire cat and flicked his head in the direction of my throwing knives that laid peacefully against my utility belt. "Throwing knives?" I asked and he purred in response.

"Wise choice," I commented and grabbed two of the knives.

I bent my knees slightly and snuck towards the vampire, trying to get within throwing distance. Once I reached within five meters of him I raised my two hands, bent them backwards, took a deep breath, then threw them as hard as I could.

A pain-filled grunt reached my ears and I grinned in satisfaction, watching as the Ancient fell to his knees and tried to take the knives that were now deeply embedded into his eye sockets out. Black blood trailed violently down his face when he pulled one out and hissed in pain. The smell of fear and confusion he gave off fueled me, making me shake with excitement. I always loved this part of the mission, where I got to kill the target. It was truly amazing.

I walked up to the undead being and stopped right in front of him. He whimpered, obviously hearing me, but not seeing me. "Who's there?" he asked in a pitiful, yet curious voice. I chuckled and kneeled down, coming face-to-face with him. "Your executor," I said disdainfully and shoved my hand through his chest and ripped his heart out. He fell to the ground, his lips slightly parted as black blood poured from his mouth and his body twitched violently.

Panther trotted up to the body and stared at it, almost examining the way I killed him. After a while he looked up at me and purred in acceptance. Apparently, Panther approved.

I sighed and kicked the body to the side while I pulled out my phone. I called the lady that assigned me the mission and repeated the all-too-familiar words;

"Mission completed, target has been eliminated."