Bonus: Chapter 30 Gabriel's POV

Alright, I know it took me a while after you kindly got me all my votes, and I apologize. But I want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who voted, commented, added to reading lists, or just read this story. That means so much to me.

Yes, I know the end is sappy. I just had to do it. Gabriel's POV was fun to write (although most was dialogue I'd already written), so I hope you all like it. It's my longest chapter yet!

UPDATE: Thank you all once again I can't believe this has been such a hit! Just to let you know, I have an alternate ending that I originally wrote now posted on my account! Check it out!

Also shameless plug time: me and my sister have a joint instagram, ambxguous and you all should check it out

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

Becca

----

I jolted awake. The ice water that someone had thrown on me trickled down my back. I groaned, running my hand through my short, wet hair.

"Gabriel, you slept in! The ceremony starts in an hour and a half, and you still need to have lunch with Lady Isabella," Ethan spoke her name with a grimace and a hint of sarcasm, just emphasizing how much he disliked her.

"It won't take me long to get ready," I mumbled. "Let me sleep." I buried my head back in the pillow, trying to forget the date. I'd only been dreading today for a year.

A second wave of cold water broke me out of my almost-sleep. I flipped over, glaring at the now grinning Mark standing beside Ethan. "—wonder if Danielle is as bad as he—" he cut himself off as I turned around.

"I'm just tired," I groaned as I sat up, shaking off the water on me like a dog. "Do I have to be totally dressed for lunch?" They nodded, causing me to moan.

"And don't even try sleeping through it, Isabella is scary when she's mad," Mark pointed out and I finally begrudgingly stood up.

Grabbing a piece of fabric, I pulled off my soaked shirt and began to dry off my head and torso, shooting my friends another dirty look. "Why of all days did you have to pick today to try dumping water on me?" I asked.

"You wouldn't respond to anything else," Ethan answered innocently with a shrug. "By the way, you need to hurry up, the queen's coming to check on you in fifteen minutes."

My eyes suddenly opened wide open and I stared at him for a moment. "Are you serious? Someone get me some tea!" I ordered as they began to chuckle.

"On the dresser," Mark responded calmly. "Your clothes are hanging on the chair."

I looked over and sure enough, they had laid out everything I needed along with their clothes. I grabbed the warm drink and took a large gulp before setting it back down on the table and picking up the shirt and pants.

I threw them on, running a hand through my hair again. I grabbed my shoes and threw them on before pulling on the uniform jacket. I grabbed my drink again with one hand and turned towards the mirror.

I straightened my clothes in the reflection, and soon, it didn't look like I was rushed. However, I didn't look totally ready to me. There were dark bags under my eyes from the little sleep I had gotten last night and my face looked worn.

"Gabriel, you look fine," Ethan remarked, clapping a hand on my shoulder. My dark green uniform contrasted against his navy blue.

"Anyways, we're going to leave when your mom gets here to find Christian," Mark commented and I nodded.