Leaving, Forever.

¨ Chapter Ten¨

The way the night sky cascaded around the figure sitting on the wall, made the person unidentifiable. I quickly grab my towel that laid on the nearby rock and wrapped it around my body securely. I moved stiffly as I picked up my clothes. Never taking my eyes of the dark shadowy figure. My vision still hadn’t regulated back to human normality, making it difficult to see if the person was moving or not.

I swallowed the fear that was climbing up my throat and began to walk towards the wall.

Act like you had just went for a swim, just get in your car and don’t look back.

I kept telling myself, trying to stay calm.

Once I made it up the stairs I could feel the figures eyes still on me. There was about ten feet of separation between the figure and I. it took all my power not to turn my head and look at the mysterious person.

I quickly through my clothes into the passenger seat then got into the drivers seat. I glanced up at my rear view mirror and my breath caught as the figure had vanished.

I drove away, with my pulse vibrating my body. I gripped the steering wheel dangerously tight as I tried to keep my mind focusing on the road.

Finally I pulled into the driveway. I glanced down at the clock before I shut the car off. 11:09.

I kept the towel wrapped around me, holding my phone and clothes as I trudged into the house.

I opened the side door, that was almost always left unlocked. The living room T.V was still on. As I could hear, the same show seemed to be on, as I could hear the boring narrator’s voice going on about our ancestors.

I couldn’t help to smile to myself thinking that Trethan was still trying to fathom “human history.”

I shut the door quietly behind me and headed into the living room. Trethan seemed to be in the exact same position as when I had left. The exception, his eyes were shut.

I tried not to make too much noise as I placed my phone and clothes on the counter.

“Your back.” Trethan says, in a scratchy voice. Making it obvious the he’d been asleep for awhile.

I turn around. “Yah… Sorry did I wake you up?”

“No.” He rubs his hand over his face. “I wasn’t really sleeping.”

I roll my eyes.

“Crazy party?” he asks, his eyes now wider.

Confused I glanced around, “uh, wha- Oh my god, sorry I uh-hold on.” I say embarrassed, it was clicking. I neglected to remember that I was standing In front of Trethan in a towel.

He begins to laugh. Now sitting up turning towards me completely.

“No, it’s not what you think.” I grip the towel tighter. “ I went for a swim after I left.”

He nods. “Ah, now that sounds more like you.” he says, in a playful tone.

My face felt hot, all I could do was smile sheepishly.

“yeah.. Im going to get dressed, head to bed, I will see you in the morning.” I say, still embarrassed.

He nods, “Sleep well.”

With that I quickly grab my stuff and head upstairs I shut the door behind me and change into an oversized t-shirt that Ben had left here awhile ago and some pajama shorts.