Chapter 2

You open your eyes, seeing a familiar landscape. Here we go again.

The Classic Undertale interface. Unless Error was purposefully hunting you down, there's no way in hell he'd come here. You're sure Error has other plans, anyway.

You sit up quickly. Too quickly. A dizzy feeling settles in. "Wooaah."

As you get used to the feeling, you look around. Everything was absolutely familiar to you. After all, this was the first universe you'd fled from Error to. It took him so long to find you then. You chuckle at the memories.

You'd been running from him for a long, long time. Half of your life, actually. It was kind of comfortable. You would explore one timeline, and when he was on your trail, you'd bolt. Understanding your abilities was hard, though. Error had a long time to master it. You had a matter of moments to figure out how it worked. You still hadn't mastered it, even after running for a long time.

"I should find a new universe, before he backtracks." You mumble. "But...Maybe...Maybe I should see how everyone is doing. It couldn't hurt; he'd promised not to destroy the main universe." You clear your throat and push yourself into a standing position, then walk down the hall, until--

"Howdy!"

God damn it.

The flower. Why was it always the flower who you had to meet first? You thought about the AUs you'd learned about. In one, there was a Temmie instead of a flower. Maybe that universe would be more enjoyable.

The flower pauses, studying your face. "Hmm. It's rude to make me introduce myself again, [Y/N]."

"I don't care, Flowey. I'm only here to check up on the world."

"Hah! You've said that once before. I remember. Don't think I've--"

"I know, I know. You remember everything. Every timeline, every reset." You quoted with a small, unamused smile.

"You're no fun." Flowey chuckled dryly. "Everyone's been okay. The Human fell down a little while back. Broke the barrier, etc, etc."

"Ah." You seem...disappointed. "Okay."

"You should go say 'hi'. Papyrus missed you. Not like I care. Not like I could, either."

"I will." You laugh slightly, then walk past the flower, patting his head.

The Underground was empty. Everyone had really left and headed to the surface. You wandered the empty roads, then finally decided to head to the surface.

"Welp. Let's do this."