Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat - A Dedicated Professional in The Medical Sector

Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat is competent in all aspects of trauma surgery ranging from the simple to very complex trauma cases. He is experienced at performing all emergency trauma surgery, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, humeral fractures, ankle fractures, all hand and knee fractures, all paediatric fractures and adult spine fractures as well. He is trained and skilled in the elective procedures with significant experience in all operations particularly spinal surgery. He has knowledge about Carpal Tunnel Release, Trigger Finger Release, Spine Microdiscectomy, Wrist arthroscopy, Spine canal decompression, Spine Microdiscectomy, Knee arthroscopy with or without meniscal repair/resection and others.

He has given important presentations at local, national and international level. He presented multilevel lumbar spinal stenosis decompression – mid term outcome using a modified Hinge osteotomy technique at effort, Berlin in May 2012. His presentations include The range of movement of the thumb, New surgical technique for management of Blount's disease, Femoral Offset and Neck Thinning in Cemented and Uncemented Hip Resurfacing and others. His specialities cover emergency medicine, cardiothoracic surgery, ENT, and general surgery.

Dr. Mohannad Barakat is the co-author of several publications in the field of trauma, orthopaedics and spinal surgery. His teaching experience includes teaching and examination of students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at a local, national and international level.  He is the holder of the Oxford Teaching the Teachers Certificate, and is an examiner on the Miller FRCS Course. He is a reviewer for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery (JBJS) and the European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology ( EJOST). His qualifications include Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma and Orthopaedics), membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, MB ChB and BSc Neuroanatomy honours. He is the recipient of several distinctions and awards in the areas of anatomy physiology, biochemistry pathology, orthopaedics and anaesthesia.<br><br>When away from work, Dr. Barakat likes to play tennis, football, volleyball, and basketball. He also likes travelling and going out with friends.