Chapter 27:

Arie

"Really April?" I ask the receptionist as I walked up to her desk.

"Arie, I can't keep sending these flowers back. Look at them, they're so pretty." She said. "You know how many of us single ladies would love flowers sent to us constantly?"

"Not when they're only being sent because he did something wrong." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay true, but can I just keep them on my desk. They're just too pretty to keep throwing away and sending back."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine April." I said taking the card with my name, ripping it up, then throwing it away.

"More flowers today that aren't for me?" My boss asked walking up to us. "Let me guess for you again, Arie?"

"Sorry." I said.

She flagged me off, "You're fine, I'ma have to call my husband and complain. I'm jealous."

"Trust me this ain't a be jealous type of situation."

"Oh, so it's not from a boyfriend or a potential? It's from somebody that messed up?" She asked.

"Unfortunately."

She shook her head, "Men. I don't miss those days."

"Come with me to my office, I wanna talk to you." She said to me. "April, I ordered lunch for the whole office. It should be here in 20."

"Am I in trouble for the constant flowers?" I ask being cautious as we entered her office. "Because-"

She laughed, "I know you're still new here, but you still didn't realize I'm a chill boss. You didn't do anything wrong I just wanted to talk."

"Okay." I said sitting down in front of her desk as she sat at her desk.

"I know I'm starting you off slow, but you've been doing great and I feel you're ready to take on more clients. Do you feel you're ready?"

"Yes." I answered excitedly.

"Okay, well Monday morning be prepared for your first day of full work."

"Okay, thank you."

"You got it. Now let me call my husband and ask where my flowers are." She said as I stood up to leave.

"Ooh, you have donuts. Can I steal one?" I ask walking into my coworker Keith's office.

"Go ahead baby doll." He said calling me the nickname he gave me my first day here.

He sighed staring at his iPad.

"What's up boo?" I ask him.

"Me and my client, we loved all outfits, but something is off about this one." He said turning to let me see a picture of an outfit. "Think the jacket needs to go?"

"No, keep the jacket. Switch the shoes, I'm thinking, open toe strappy heel sandals."

"That's why you my boo, girl." He said writing notes in his fashion notebook.

"We help each other. Okay, I'm leaving for the day. See you Monday."

"Talk to that fine man." He said pointing at me.

I gave him a look before rolling my eyes, "Bye Keith."

"Mhmm bye, Arie."

I reached into my bag for my keys once I got outside.