WHEN SUMMER ENDS BONUS CHAPTER - PROM SCENE WILL'S POV

Start from the beginning

            He nodded, “Sure thing, the limo will be here soon anyway,” he chirped happily.

I rummaged through the bag to make sure I had everything then nodded towards the bunch of tulips on the side and the little bracelet corsage that I’d bought for her. “Don’t forget those, okay? And make sure you tell her she looks beautiful, be respectful to her parents, remember that they’re going to be my in-laws if everything goes the way I want it to, so don’t screw up and taint the Morris name for me, okay?” I begged.

            He nodded and rolled his eyes again. “Taint the Morris name, you don’t think the name is going to be tainted enough when they find out that Chloe’s been banging her teacher for the last few months?” he teased, smirking at me.

            I waved my hand dismissively, we’d deal with that when we came to it, hopefully everything would be fine and they’d just accept that I make her happy – that was the plan anyway. “Whatever, I’ll see you there. Don’t be late!” I called over my shoulder as I headed out of my apartment and down to my car.

            I made the short drive to school, stopping to pick up Caroline on the way because she was chaperoning too. When we pulled up we were an hour early like we were supposed to be. The social committee had done almost everything already, the decorations were up, the refreshments being stacked as we speak, the live band was setting up to do their set. It looked great, they’d done a really good job on it. I headed to my classroom, setting up all of the things ready for later, I couldn’t help but pray that everything worked out the way it was supposed to. When I was done I locked the door and headed back to the gym to finish up with the preparations.

            “Think maybe we’ll get to dance later?” Caroline asked, fluttering her eyelashes at me as we set the last few tables.

            I shrugged, “Probably not, I think we’re supposed to watch out for the kids, not actually be at the party,” I stated, trying not to be rude in my rejection.

            She frowned slightly and nodded, “I’m sure Richard won’t mind one dance,” she purred.

I fought hard against my urge to groan, I’m sure the Principal wouldn’t mind, but I would. “Maybe then, yeah,” I reluctantly agreed.

After another half an hour of helping the students hang balloons and banners, the guests started to arrive. I kept my eyes peeled on the door, waiting for the moment I saw her. What would she be wearing? What colour would her dress be? Would she have her hair up or down? Would she have a jacket or would I offer to give her mine at the end of the night? All these things were racing through my mind. Every time the door opened my heart stopped as I looked up but it seemed to be taking forever to her to get here.

Finally, fashionably late, I saw Amy walk in on Ryan’s arm. I felt the grin slip onto my face, they were all sharing the limo that I’d booked, if Amy was here that meant that my Cutie was too…..

Nick came in with his date, a pretty little brunette that I think was a junior not a senior, she looked cute, I think I had her in one of my classes but she was one of the quiet ones so I couldn’t be sure. I held my breath, waiting and waiting. When I saw Sam step into the room I almost did a little happy dance that the torturous waiting was over with. She was here.

Sam laughed and seemed to be talking to someone but I couldn’t see because of the sea of people all converging around the door. Suddenly, the people stepped to the side to get their photos done with their dates and that was when I saw her. My breath caught in my throat at how incredible she looked.

She was wearing a short, electric blue strapless dress, that had some kind of black netting over the top of the skirt, that fell to just above the knee. The little black lacy belt with a bow on it was tied just under her cleavage and I felt my eyes almost pop out of my head at the sight of her. Gosh damn, my girl was hot!