WHEN SUMMER ENDS BONUS CHAPTER - PROM SCENE WILL'S POV

Banner made by BeautifuL17KhaoS - soooooooo pretty, thanks honey!!! :D 

****Watch out for the POV change after a couple of pages!!*****

BONUS CHAPTER – PROM

Will’s POV

            I stood in front of the mirror, straightening my jacket for the hundredth time tonight. I don’t know why I was so nervous, it wasn’t my prom, it was Chloe’s. I wasn’t even going to see her that much tonight anyway, I wasn’t allowed to get my hands on her or dance with her or anything, this night was going to drag.

            Sam stepped up next to me, shouldering me out of the way of the mirror so he could look in it instead. I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration. Why did everything have to be so damn hard? Why did he get to take my girl to the prom and I just had to watch from the sidelines? Life wasn’t fair.

            “Come on big brother, share,” he muttered, laughing as he tied his tie.

            “Sam, just make sure she has a good time, huh? This is Chloe’s night so don’t ruin it by hitting on other girls and stuff in front of her. You’re supposed to be her boyfriend, so you’ll have to act like it, all night,” I stated, looking at him warningly. We were so close to the end of the school now, I had the strong feeling that Sam was going to ruin our cover story tonight by flirting or hooking up with another girl.

            He sighed deeply. “Is that what you really think of me? You know I’m a one woman man,” he joked, winking at me. I raised one eyebrow, not even bothering to answer that comment; we both knew what he was like. He rolled his eyes and crossed his heart with one finger. “I will make sure your girlfriend has the night of her life, don’t worry.”

            I frowned at that statement, “I don’t want you to give her the night of her life, that’s my job. I just want her to have a great time. Stick to the plan and be on your best behaviour, okay?” I asked, shaking my head. Why did we do this again? Why couldn’t she just go with Nick like he had suggested, that would have been so much easier, but no, Sam had to come in with this crappy plan where he takes her to cement in that they were indeed a couple. It was completely unnecessary, the Principal totally believed the lie, it had been over four months now that we’d kept this act going, he suspected nothing.

            “Whatever, you’re just jealous because I get to dance with your girl all night,” Sam teased.

            I groaned, damn right I was jealous. I wanted to be the one that turned up with the limo that I’d booked for them, I wanted to be the one that gave her the bunch of tulips that I’d bought for her, I wanted to meet her dad and have him threaten me, I wanted to be the one to take her home and kiss her at the door. I just wanted everything, but I couldn’t have it. Man, I hate my job right now.

            I glanced at the clock behind me; I needed to leave any minute. I was chaperoning tonight, something I didn’t really want to do but I couldn’t miss the opportunity to see Chloe in her prom dress. I didn’t want to miss out on one of the most special things to a girl and her coming of age, so even if I could only stand on the sidelines and watch, I wanted to be there in some small way. I had a little plan that would make my night better anyway, if things went according to plan I would get at least one dance with her on her prom, I just hoped everything worked out the way it was supposed to.

            “I’d better go, Sam,” I muttered, grabbing the bags that I’d packed ready for tonight. “Look after her, and I’ll see you later, okay?”