31- Frodo Is Upset And You Calm Him Down

The entire fellowship, save for Legolas, we're all sleeping peacefully, despite the growing sense of tension in the air. You were lying in between Merry and Frodo, and the three of you were asleep. You were slowly woken up by the sound of rapid breathing and the occasional whimper. You look at Frodo to see that he was the source of the noise, and that his entire body was shaking. Panic fills you as you harshly shake his shoulder. He was up with a start. He looks at you with panic and upset in his eyes, and you pull him into an embrace. "Another nightmare?" You ask. "Yes, and they are getting worse. I believe the ring is affecting me in a negative way." He says, as you feel his breathing slow down, his heart rate still rapid. "It's alright. None of it was real. You're safe and okay as long as you have us by your side." You say as you run his back. "I know. It is hard to convince my consciousness that everything will be alright." He explained, slowly relaxing into your touch. "It's ok. We all get like that sometimes." You continue to quietly talk to him and rub his back until you feel him go limp. That was your signal that he fell asleep, and you lay him back down on his sleeping area. You lay back down as well, and feel happy with yourself. Your mother told you as a child that you would grow to be a natural nurturer. You guess she was right. You hear Frodo whisper "Thank you (Y/N)." Before you drift back into sleep.
~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry this one is so short! I guess the fact that this is the third update today has to count for something lol
Anyway, I hope you liked it! Comment any suggestions or ideas! Love y'all!
~~~~~~