Just Temporary (Prologue)

"I can't believe you're actually leaving tomorrow," my boyfriend said on videochat. We had been online for hours going back and forth on this whole deal; where I was going, why, what happens if we both meet other people and it was decided that we were going to try our best to stay together. I was only going to be gone for several months, a year tops.
     "I know, I can't believe it either. I'm really going to miss you guys alot."
    "But we'll miss you more...I'm speaking for myself, here," he giggled.
     I smiled a little, looked at my clock then sighed. "It's time for me to get off. I gotta finish packing up my clothes and get ready. I have an early flight tomorrow morning...I love you, Jay,"
     "Love you too, Charlee." I closed my laptop and began packing.
     I was finishing clearing my shelves when I came across a photo of me and my mom. I miss you, mama. It's been 3 months since she's passed due to a brain tumor and I've been staying with my older cousin Julissa since but she has recently chosen to go back to school and get her Bachelors in business so I'm going to stay with my cousin and aunt in Beacon Hills, California for a while.
A part of me was excited because as kids Scott and I were close, almost inseperable but who's to say age won't change that? His mom, Melissa has always been a favorite family member of mine because despite her busy schedule she always made time to call in and check on me. But it's been years since I've seen her and months since I've talked to her.
     I heard a knock and turned around to see who was in my doorway.
"Hola, chica. You need any help?" Julissa asked. I could tell by the tone in her voice that she was sad.
    "No, I'm good. I'm almost done. Just came across a few things." I watched her gaze fall from my eyes to the photo in my hand. She walked over to me and asked if she could hold it, I nodded.
     She sighed before she spoke then smiled, " She really was goregous, huh?" I nodded. "You have no idea how much you look like her." I smiled as felt tears well up in my eyes. It was always a huge compliment to me to hear that. Julissa must of noticed because she set the picture on my bed then pulled me into a hug. "Look, I can't say that I know what you're going through because I don't. But I can promise you with all my heart that everything's going to be okay. All right?" She pulled away so she was facing me. "Plus think of it this way, what if Scott has some cute friends, huh?" We laughed for a minute and then she began to cry to. "I'm going to miss you so much, kiddo.
     "I'm going to miss you too, Julie."
     "Don't forget to videochat, I want weekly updates and everything!"
     "I promise." We hugged again, finished our goodbyes then said good night for the last time. She was going to be leaving for classes at 5am and my flight wasn't until 10am so we would miss each other leaving. It was best to say goodbye now.
    As soon as Julie left, I stripped down out of my sweats, put my hair in a messy bun and put on my huge Paramore band T-Shirt. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me. I had a big day tomorrow.

Just a Girl (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara