001

As the daylight touches the edge of the mountain, I instantly woke up. Today will be an ordinary day. I will be ordinary. Everything will go ordinary normal today again. I pulled the sheet over and sat on the edge of my bed. Everything was organized and tidy. All my textbooks were in a shelf, stacked in alphabetically order from A-Z. Clothes were neatly folded and some hung. The computer against the wall was shut down completely. I looked at the digital clock laying on top of the scarlet red, wooden drawer. 6:00 AM. Got to go get ready for the first day of tenth grade. I quickly immaculate my morning routine. I went down to the kitchen, smelling the delicious scent of bacon, eggs, and OJ.

"Morning Mom and Dad." I greeted. Dad was reading the newspaper as usual. And Mom, well she cooked as always.

"Leo! You know that Dad's not here with us anymore!" Mom shut me up. Dad died twelve years ago and I've been told that I'm hallucinating. Truth is, I just feel better when I imagine Dad is around.

"Dad is right there reading newspaper. Can you pour some of the 100% orange juice that was concentrate with calcium and vitamin d that contains pure filter water-" I said.

Mom quickly intercepted my request. "Leo when can you talk normally to me. I'm your mother for gods sake! I'm not some geniuses!" She poured some OJ into the glass. I orderly ate my breakfast, bacon first, then eggs, and finally gulped down the OJ. I grabbed my backpack from the hook against a wall. Mom came over to me and fixed my shirt that was under the sweater vest I was wearing.

"I shall leave now, Mom." I kissed her on the cheeks. And left to walk to school.

I don't recognize some of the students but there were many whom I remember from past years. The popular jock to the nerdiest and the prettiest to the ugliest. I carried my books and backpack to every class. So far no one talked to me yet, knowing that I'm some awkward nerd freak. I'm totally use to it. I do have a friend indeed although he was always tardy. He accepted for who I am at least. I was standing inside the classroom next to the door.

"I'm not late am I?" Ren said showing up out of nowhere.

I look at my watch. I pulled him through the door. The bell rung a blink of an eye after. "Nope. You were .129 seconds from being late."

Ren sighed in relief. "Glad to have you here!" He chuckled. We took a seat across each other. "Dude there so much hot girls this year! Especially this class." He lightly punched me.

"Define hot. I do not spot any girls on fire or fire on girls." I laughed. He knows I'm joking. Two unfamiliar girls took seat in front of me and Ren. Ren made the notion of winking. I face palm. I expect what is going to happen. I tried to hold in my breath to not laugh.

Ren tapped on the girl in front of him. She turned around. "Hey. Was-sup girl. There's plenty of fishes in the sea but its you my friend finds attractive." I open my mouth. His friend? It couldn't be me, it was always him that he is hitting on girls for.

The girl giggled. "So who's this friend?" She wondered. Unintelligent Ren pointed at me. "Hi. I'm Raya. I'm new here." Well at least Ren got someone to talk to me today.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss. Raya. The name that was given to me is Leo. Sorry for this acquaintance of mine to be rude and say false assumptions." I responded. Raya laughed being rejected and confused and went back to pay attention.

Ren planned this to happen. "You should've seen your face, man! It was priceless." I shook my head in disappointment.

Lunch finally kicked in. I was pretty normal at talking with Ren but it gets extremely awkward with outsiders. Ren had a different lunch period than me so I sat alone. I brought home lunch, a sandwich. I took a bite out of it. "Taste buds are like your life. If none of the taste buds works, I'd probably be eating anyone's defecation." I mumbled to myself.

Someone laughed. Loud enough I'm certain it was towards me. I looked up to see Raya in the blue school uniform standing there with her tray of food. "Well, be grateful then. May I sit here?" she asked.

"There are no signs that say you can't sit. The chair is no one's property, so yes you may sit there." I said.

The girl from earlier called out to Raya. "Raya don't sit with Awkward Leo. Come sit with us!" Raya expression turned the smile upside down.

"Manda don't judge someone if you don't know them." She stood up for me. Raya took a seat in across from me. "Sorry bout that." She opened her carton of milk. I tried to smile but I stayed silent. I made no eye contact and stared at my sandwich. "So Leo, was it? Don't worry about-"

The announcement came on loudly. "Leo Crimson, please report to student services. Leo Crimson, report to student services." I stood up the moment I heard my name.

"Sorry for being disrespectful. I will have to take about 103 steps to the office call student services. Have a good day." I miscalculated. It was 102 steps. I opened the door with a napkin I took out of my pocket.

"Stay very calm, Mr. Crimson. What we are about to tell you may affect you deeply." A secretary said with her hands waving as in instructing a orchestra. She was breathing rapidly. Her heart beat was around 143 per minute. She swallowed her saliva then proceeded to tell me the information. "Your mother was in an accident. She is now at the hospital although this is all the information we know as of right now." My expression didn't change, I stood there frozen. My dad, not my mom too. Where am I going to go? What purpose do I have now. I came this far because of my mother.

"I'll be leaving." I said. The secretary nodded. I ran out the door. Raya was about to go up the stairs when she spotted me running like a thief trying to escape from the cops. Not a tear dropped from my face. I've never pray, because I believed in science. But now... What choice do I have?

__________________________________

This is the first time I've tried written something not fantasy. Give me advice!

Its long and boring but eh! I tried.
Thanks

-VuKiwi