Feelings for the enemy

3. Feelings for the Enemy

I woke up from the best dream in the world. I was alone in a forest, living out a peaceful life with no one to bother me. I frowned as I realised that I was missing one important detail. There had been someone with me, I just couldn't remember who. After getting up and having a shower, I got dressed into my favourite outfit, with my favourite necklace. I thought about the guy who had given it to me before snorting at the memory. He had been a sweet guy until I had walked in on him kissing another girl, quite passionately. He had been the nicest Slytherin I had ever met, but being a typical Slytherin he was now friends with Draco. I felt my cheeks warm at the thought of the hot Slytherin, I shook my head. I wasn't supposed to like him, he was a jerk to me, but the feelings kept coming. I decided to try and accept that I liked him, but not let it develop further. I composed myself, then walked out of the common room and into the great hall. I looked over at the Slytherin class and there he was, platinum hair and Slytherin smirk. Standing next to him was my ex, Blaise Zabini. I scowled at him, and smiled at Draco, surprising both of them. Blaise bumped Draco in the side and smirked at him. Draco whispered something to Blaise while frowning, making Blaise laugh out loud. I got slightly frightened when they got up and began walking this way. I didn't feel threatened, I just hated talking to Blaise and I was still unsure as to what I felt about Draco and didn't want to talk to him yet. When they were half way over, Dumbledore stood up for a speech and they both looked slightly disappointed as they walked back to their table. I piled food on my plate and ate it all. When lunch was over, I went to my first class. I had charms with Flitwick, I loved this class.

After demonstrating the fifth charm to the class perfectly, I looked over at the Slytherins, and saw the bored looks they shot me. One of them didn't look as bored, but that was probably just because it was me. "Flitterwartle." I spoke quite clearly and the bunch of lillies in front of me turned into mockingbirds and flew around the room. I made them fly over Draco before casting the countercharm and made a bunch of lillies fall all around him. A bit of pollen must have gotten into his nose, because he started sneezing. Everyone glanced between us, waiting for something to happen, and it almost did but Draco either didn't want to cause a fight in class or he was going to get me back later because he just flicked me an annoyed glance and got back to practicing the charm. Later I felt a little bird flutter around my ears and land on top of one. It then proceeded to transform into a rose. "Now you look like your name, Rose." I heard an all too familiar voice whisper into my ear. For some reason this sent shivers down my spine. I spun around to talk to Draco, but he was walking away from me like nothing had happened. I turned back to my flowers and began practicing the spell again. I had just perfected my casting when the bell rang. I looked at my schedule and saw that I had a free period. I was about to go to the common room when I saw Draco wandering around the great hall without any of his friends for once.

I snuck up on him and whispered in his ear. "Hello Draco, miss me?" He spun around, wand raised. Once he saw who it was, he lowered it. "God, Rose. You scared me, don't do that again." I just snickered and shook my head. "Nope, I'm not making any promises to you, Mr Malfoy." He went in to slap my butt again, but I danced out of the way. "If you want to touch it, you need to ask permission first!" I teased him while poking my tongue out. It was too late when I saw him whip out his wand. "Petrificus totalus!" He shouted, with a hint of triumph in his voice. "I would have thought that you would have learnt this much so far, I get what I want, Rose." I looked at him with wide open eyes, since that was the only part of my body that I could move. He used a spell to lift me up and carry me to the room of requirement. "I wanted to get you in private." He murmurs into my ear, and I would have shuddered if I could have moved. When we entered there was a large bed in the centre of the room. I knew from experience that this room turned into whatever you wanted, and it finally made sense. Draco was about to try and get me, because he wanted me. I decided to teach him something, that he didn't get what he wanted all the time, because if he wanted me, he would need to show some respect.

He freed me from the body binding curse, but locked the door so that I couldn't get out. "Draco, what are you doing?" I asked him, making my voice sound panicked. I didn't really feel scared, I just wanted to make him think he had won me over. "Well babe, I think it is time we went just that little bit further. I am going to make you mine." I pulled out my wand. "I don't think so, Draco. If you wanted me, you shouldn't have been such a jerk to me. I'm not Pansy Parkinson, I don't just go out with a guy because he likes my body and visa versa, although you are quite sexy, but that doesn't matter." I had let that last bit slip, but thinking it over, it sounded better with that in it. He just shot me an annoyed glance and patted the bed beside him. I looked at him suspiciously. "Come on, I won't force you to do anything. If I could cast Imperio properly, then I might consider it, but I'm not very good at that yet, so you're safe, temporarily." I slowly sat next to him. "You know, I think you are a hot babe, but since we are in opposite houses I don't think it would work between us. I have been trying to solve this lately, and I came up with a solution." I shifted closer to him, all ears now without even realising what had happened. He noticed though, and smirked before continuing. "See this room? It has complete privacy. No one would need to know we were going out if we did it here." I considered this for a moment, then came up with a slight complication. "Draco, you still showed me disrespect in very large amounts. I told you before that you shouldn't have been such a jerk to me. This can be fixed with a meaningful phrase. I want you to apologise." I sent him a smug look, and watched as he shot me a pain filled glance. "I've never been made to apologize to anyone, but here it goes. I'm sorry Aurora for being a total jerk to you. I know I shouldn't have called you names or hit you in the head, and I am really sorry for doing that." I felt shocked, Draco Malfoy had actually apologized to me. I allowed some amount of feelings for him to flow through me, and leaned in to kiss him. 

The second our lips touched I knew we would be good together. His were soft and sweet, the opposite to what he showed on the outside, they were also the perfect shape and fit for mine. We probably kissed for a full 2 minutes before we broke apart. He looked at me amused, and said something that I didn't even have to think about answering. "Now will you go out with me?" I just laughed, hugged him and shouted out a yes. 

When I was back in the dorms and I had my mind untainted by the thin webs that Draco wove, I thought about my situation with Draco a bit more. I had just agreed to go out with my ex's best friend, and only when no one was around. I still had to act like I hated him, and if that wasn't bad enough, we were in opposing houses. Nothing could stand in our way, but it was going to be bloody difficult to be together. With these thoughts running around my head, I went to sleep early, and repeated the same dream as last night. This time I knew who was there with me, and he had platinum blonde hair.