City of Atlantis

The crew lost communication from their home planet due to the distance. There are a total of 8 passengers on board Atlantis I.

They were Zack, Gabriel, Mindy, Athena, Brenda, Turner, Lisa and Mirkel.

All of them were scientists who had other occupations that they were good at.

Zack's second occupation is an electrical engineer. Turner is a medical practitioner. Athena is an Architect while Brenda is a business woman who owns a restaurant chain and mall back in Dremin.

On the other hand, Mindy is also a musician while Gabriel served in the military.

Their captain, Mirkel, is just a college drop out but he is the brain of the entire operation. He is more knowledgeable in terms of science and experimentation.

Lisa served as a lawyer, prosecutor and a judge for 10 years back in their planet.

They lived in the forest for more than a year. They went around studying the things about this world. They discovered a lot, one of them is that the atmosphere is healthy for their bodies. It slows the aging process a hundred times compared to our home planet.

They can live more years than what they used to. Back in their home planet they can only live up to 90-120 years old. But here on this new planet they can live for another 600 - 700 years.

They also discovered that the planet is abundant of different species of animals and rare minerals. They are even more valuable than what they had back then.

Through the years of study and research. They slowly understood the planet and it's nature. They decided to create a colony there since flying back to their planet is not a good idea.

...
A few decades have passed, their population grew uncontrollably fast that they have now a total of 133,560 citizens. They married each other and bore children and so did their children. It continued like that causing the numbers to surge throughout the years.

They were able to establish a huge city by using the resources in this world. The buildings, machineries and technology are mostly copied from what they had in their home planet.

They named the city Atlantis because it was the name of the spaceship that brought the earliest people. They also used it so they will always remember the history of their people and how they came to be.

Through the years of advancement and population increase. They have consumed a lot of natural resources.

One day, there was a top secret science experiment that went horribly wrong. The experiment included a virus that can alter the genes of the human body. It leaked from their laboratory and found its way to the city.

They were grateful, it was not deadly. However, there are hundreds of cases received by the authorities about the genetic mutation that occured in the capital.

The majority population that experienced such mutation were the newborn babies. Since their bodies were not yet fully developed and the virus can easily alter their physique and rate of growth.

Newborn babies who had the virus grew into large ones. They grew up to a height of 20 ft while their strength became 100 times more stronger.

At first, living with giants was fine and productive. However, because of their huge appetite, they faced food scarcity in the city and a lot of citizens grew restless with the issue. The giants could eat 2 whole cows per meal and it would still not be enough for them.

As a solution, the established government of Atlantis gathered for a council meeting to discuss the matter regarding the giants.

When the meeting session concluded, the head of the military government, Gabriel was ordered to get rid of them. They were driven out of the city to fend for themselves, while others who refused to leave were killed.