Chapter 1: Taken

So as I attempt to work on Marrying the Alpha and Becoming Female Alpha, these stories just relentlessly keep popping into my head. Has that ever happened to anyone? Or is that just me? Maybe it's just me....

Anyway, give this one a try?

Also, Hallie is only 10 in the italicized portion of this chapter, so a lot of the things running through her head might be a little ridiculous. But she's a child, keep that in mind. :)

Chapter one

"Let me go," I ordered, trying to pull myself from my captors grasp.

"You're a feisty little thing aren't you?" His voice was soft, melodic, as if coaxing me to give in to his cruel intentions.

I continued to thrash against his hold, all of my futile attempts to fight back to no avail. He was still able to pull my small form into the running van parked behind the alley that he dragged me into.

I had only left the confines of the pack territory because my father, the alphas third in command, was gone to a pack meeting, and well.... I really missed him, and so I'd ventured out to find him, and now here I was with this strange man, who had the stench of a smell I was unfamiliar with. My werewolf senses were strong enough to decipher some scents, but this one hindered my senses, I didn't know it.

"Don't worry pup, you'll be in great hands. All you have to do is relax." His voice found it's way to the spot behind my ear, and I felt myself shudder at his warm breath.

"Where are you taking me? I want to go home!" I pleaded with him, tears falling from my eyes. "My parents will worry! Alpha Jackson will be very angry! My dad is the third in command, he-"

Smack.

I raised a hand to my now throbbing cheek, my eyes widening astonishingly. Never in my ten years had anyone ever laid a hand on me, and this vile man in front of me had.... He'd slapped me and I didn't understand why! What had I ever done to deserve this? I was obedient... I never disobeyed my parents, or the alpha...

"Shut up Hallie Swanson, you will never see your parents again, so you might as well get the idea out of your head. And as for alpha Jackson..... well..." The man smiled, his eyes lighting up with anticipation. "Alpha Jackson will pay for what he's done to me..."

I bolted upright in the cage I was bound to, my heart beating a million miles a minute. It was only a dream, yet it had seemed as real as it had been the day that it happened, and I couldn't shake the unnerving feeling that there was some hidden meaning behind Henry's words.

Henry. Henry had been the man who kidnapped me that frightful day nine years ago, and he was as vile now as he had been at that time.

I wasn't the only person he had taken, there were several other girls in what I assumed was a basement, but I didn't actually know where I was, it could have been an actual house for all I knew. I wasn't aware of much of anything for the first year or two, considering I was so young, but I tried everyday to read and write, so that my young mind wouldn't forget everything I was taught. I carved lines on the concrete floor every single day that I was here and I learned to lose hope after the first three years.

No one was coming for me, it was plainly obvious that I had been forgotten.

Maybe it was because I never shifted, a werewolf was supposed to have their first shift at a young age, ten at the latest for most, mostly due to a pups fast recovery. However, after a pups first actual shift, they weren't able to shift again until they turned sixteen.

I did neither, and it was obvious that I never would.

Maybe that's why mom and dad..... No. They loved me, no matter what they wouldn't abandon me like this....