Chapter 6

Callie put the same clothes she had when she was brought to the clinic the day before. She entered the small bathroom that was on the left of the bed and looked into the mirror. The face that looked at her could have entered a Halloween contest and probably win. She was pale, pure white and under her eyes, dark circles reminded her the nights she had passed crying instead of sleeping. Her brown hair was a mess. Her once healthy waves seamed flat as if she was lifeless.

She had to face it. Her mate was dead and she was carrying his child, a child that would never know his father's affections. Suddenly she felt lost and alone in the world. Tears were threatening to come to her eyes and with some effort, she stopped them. It wasn't the best moment to succumb to grief. After that, came the guilt. She had a son for Christ sake and she owned him a good life. She thought of her wolf spirit that had remained quiet since the lost of her half.

Remembering the bastard that was outside waiting for her to take her to his house, made her cringe. She felt trapped and forced to stay under the same roof as his. Life wasn't fair. If it had been with her, the man that was outside her door would have died instead of her sweet mate.

Gathering all the courage that she had at the moment, she got out of the room into the hallway.

He was leaning against the wall, his hands on the pockets of his jeans.

When he looked at her, his face hardened. Apparently, she wasn't the only one against the idea of sharing the same space for some time. That gave her some inner satisfaction. She would be able to give the monster some hell.

He didn't say a word, but he started walking to the exit. She followed silently behind.

In their way out, Callie saw Misty, her best friend. She looked at her with pleading eyes but the woman just shook her head, motioning her to follow the terrible Beta.

As soon as they reached the mansion, Marc opened the door and waited for her to enter first.

"Suddenly a gentleman." Callie said dryly, while stepping into the grand house. He ignored her completely and that made her hate him more if that was even possible.

She was impressed with the grand foyer that greeted her, but she didn't show. Instead, she turned to him and noticed that he was staring at her with a serious face.

"Where do I sleep?" She asked, trying to get away from him as soon as possible.

"Follow me." He said, starting to walk in the direction of the grand stairs. 

She wanted to argue with him that she could find her way if he just told her where her room was, but thought again before opening her mouth. Most likely, she would be lost in less than two minutes.

Callie followed Marc through the hallway, passing several closed doors. When he finally stopped in front of two doors, she wondered if her room would be as small as she had imagined. He would love to make her suffer, of that she was sure.

When he opened one of the doors and motioned her to enter, she just stayed there, frozen.

Marc could sense Callie's emotions. He sensed her anger, her fear and sadness. For some reason, his wolf was commanding him to go to her, but he stopped it immediately.

"You can enter. It's safe." He told her. He wasn't a big fan of the woman, but he didn't want her to be afraid of him.

Slowly, as a frightening animal, Callie approached the door and peeked inside. She couldn't believe her eyes. The room was enormous, with a king size bed, a big wardrobe and a sofa. She saw a door near the bed and she knew that it was a bathroom from it's white marble floor. Her eyes scanned the space and she saw a suitcase, her suitcase beside one smaller that she recognized as her son's.