Chapter 8

Ink

Do you ever get the feeling that you are being watched? You have? Then you know exactly how I feel right now. I can't move. I feel like there is a huge weight resting on my eyelids, making it impossible for me to open them. Wherever I was, it was silent; well, until I hear something. I heard a voice, and it sounded a little too good to be true. It sounded like him. I haven't seen him in years. I wanted to see him. I missed his presence, his hugs; I missed him.

Suddenly, the weight lifted, my eyes fluttered, and I realized where I was; a small, white, hospital room. A small chair in the corner, with someone sitting in it. As I started to realize my surroundings, I realized who it was.

"Tyde" was all I could get out. I was in pure shock. Out of everyone here, and there were only two people, he was the only one who brought back good memories of my childhood. He was my brother; how could I possibly forget him?

"Brooke," he whispered, "you're okay. I thought I lost you."

"After you left, I thought I lost you too."

"You didn't lose me;" he said with a slight chuckle, "you never will"

I heard a door open and a girl around my age walked through.

"Oh good you're awake!" She exclaimed in a hushed tone. She was very pretty; straight brown hair, big brown eyes, and converse on her feet.

"I almost forgot. Brooke, this is Laura, my girlfriend." Tyde said as he rubbed the back of his neck, almost like he was asking for my approval.

"OOOOH TYDE YOU COUGAR!!!" I said in the loudest voice that I possibly could, which wasn't very loud. Laura started to crack up and Tyde looked embarrassed. But I don't give a shit. He's my older brother, and it's kind of my job to embarrass the crap out of him. "OF COURSE I APPROVE!!"

A sudden knock was heard at the door as the doctor walked in. She was very tall with blonde hair and emerald eyes. She seemed young, yet very approachable.

"Good Morning, Brooke. My name is Dr. Jones. Do you remember anything that happened before the incident you had today at Central Park"

"Not really. I remember I was looking for my little... um my little-"

I didn't know what to consider Skylynn. She isn't biologically related to me, but I guess you have to lie a little bit in life

"-my little sister. She was playing on the playground and I couldn't find her. I started talking to this boy around my age. Suddenly, everything went dark and now I'm here."

"It's great that you remember all of that. After such a fall, I'm very pleased to see that you don't have much memory loss. I will be back in a little bit. In the meantime, you have some visitors."

And with that, she left the room. Without having enough time to think, he walked into the room. Out of everyone, he was the last person I wanted to see right now

AUTHORS NOTE-

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been really busy with my school work and keeping up with my grades, but I will try to update more frequently. Love all my readers : )