Romancing the Princess

Prologue

20 years ago…

“Mom, can I go to Emma’s place and play?” I asked my mother who was busy reading a magazine.

She placed the magazine down her lap and looked up to me. “Honey, you have your princess training.” She reminded me.

I hated it. I hated those “princess training” as she called it. I never got a chance to play with Emma and Elena during the weekends because of it. Why couldn’t I play with Emma and Elena?

I pouted.”But I want to play with Emma.” I whined.

“Don’t you want to marry a prince someday?” she asked me. I quickly nodded. She smiled at me sweetly. “Then honey you need to be on your princess training so someday you will be the perfect princess for your prince.”

I nodded. I wanted to be a princess! I wanted a prince of my own just like how those princesses in the fairytale books got theirs.

13 years ago…

“Why do I need to study at St. Andrews, mom?” I asked. I was a senior now and I must hand all my college applications but I learned that mom already sent my applications to most of universities at England and nowhere here in Manila.

Mom looked at me like I just asked her a silly question but nonetheless she answered me. “Honey, if you’re in St. Andrews you’ll get to meet Prince William.”

Jeez. I didn’t want Prince William. Alright he was a prince but he was totally not my type. “Mom, I don’t want him.”

She raised her eyebrow at me. “He’s the greatest catch Anya.” She told me. “And you do want a prince right?” I nodded. “Then this discussion is over, you’ll study at St. Andrews.”

“Mom, Elena’s going to study at Cambridge or Harvard and Emma’s staying here. She’ll be alone mom. She’ll have no one taking care of her.” I pointed out. Mom had a soft spot for Emma. She knew Tita Sera was always gone and she knew it was hard for Emma.

She sighed. “You’re right. Then we’ll stay here and right after you graduate you’ll go to Europe.”

“Can’t you just find me a prince?”

“I’m trying to find you the best catch honey.”