Chapter 9

"It all started when your mother was 13. She met Alexander. He was 18 at the time and very skilled at hunting demons. There was a demon you're father was tracking that led him to a local swimming hole. It was at night, but the place was crowded. A full party was in swing.

Long story short, it possessed your mother and some side effects were evident later on. But from that moment on, your mother was apart of The Family. The Hexingtons come from a long line of demon hunters who patrol the supernatural community. They keep humans and other creatures from interfering with one another.

Your father felt guilty about your mother. She couldn't go home because of her abilities and she couldn't be left alive either.

He took her. They were on the run until she was 15 and he was 20. She got pregnant. Alexander had no choice but to take her home with him. His family wasn't exactly thrilled, but they couldn't deny family. 10 months later you popped out. It wasn't until you were a little older that the rumor mill started ticking. The demon your father sent back to hell, well-apparently he was looking for your mom. He left a little of his DNA on her. It stayed in her for years, but then she gave birth to you. Now you have a little demon in uou.

Story time over********************************************************************

I stared at everyone in front of me. A shapeshifting stranger, a dead-beat dad, and a mother who was supposedly possessed by a demon.

I think I'd rather be considered crazy.

Nothing could make this worse.

"Sweetie, please say something", I looked up to my mom. She stood there, almost frail like. Her eyes were the deepest brown, but her hair the darkest black. My father stood beside her. His face blank, but his eyes full of unsaid words. I wonder what they are.

I sat on the bed and  stared at all of them. What was I supposed to say. Go team? What does this mean? Why am I really here? What is going on? I'm more than confused; I'm broken. All of this is too much. I can't comprehend anything anymore.

My mind is just gone.