Part 10: (Jiao's POV) Do Not Watch

I blinked myself awake to find that I was home, on my living room couch with the computer sitting in front of me. I looked down and saw that -

Oh my gosh.

An ultra-aged Les Paul guitar was sitting across my lap.

"Holy shit! Is this real?!" I exclaimed. "I have always wanted one of these! Oh, Mom, thank you thank you thank you!"

There were tears of joy in my eyes as I ran my fingers across the guitar's smooth body... until I felt some very cold fingers brush mine.

"Don't thank your mom, stupid girl. Thank me."

Gloria.

"Oh my gosh, what did you do?!"

She smiled. "I had a little bit of fun downtown and now you have a lovely guitar."

"A little bit of fun?" I didn't like the sound of that. "Please tell me you didn't - "

"No, mi amor. I did not prostitute you. I only snuck into Brass and Bells and stole it. That is not important now, though. You have a YouTube account, yes?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Log into it for me."

I scooted a little closer to my computer, typed in 'youtube.com', and entered my email and password.

"Good. Click on Upload."

"Upload?"

"Yes. We are going to make a video right now."

I raised an eyebrow. "A video?"

She looked at me with bright red eyes and her hair wrapped itself around my neck. "Would you rather die?"

"Okay, okay, I'll do it!" I clicked on Upload and then Upload directly from camera. "Now what?"

"Look at me."

I looked into her eyes, and they glowed a creepy shade of green. She said something really fast that I couldn't understand, which didn't sound like Spanish at all. Suddenly I couldn't feel any part of my body except for my hands.

"Begin to record... and play," she ordered me.

"What do you want me to play?"

"Anything you want."

I pressed the little red circle and played the intro to a very elaborate song I'd written over the summer. I never got around to writing lyrics to it, but I could hear my own voice singing along. I'm pretty sure those weren't real words, and I'm positive I wasn't the one singing.

I also couldn't feel my mouth moving or my head bobbing the way it was on camera.

When I tried to ask Gloria if she was doing that, no sound came out. Suddenly I couldn't feel my hands, which clicked the red circle again to stop recording, the 'Upload Video' button, and then typed into the video title field: "DO NOT WATCH".