A Letter To A Friend

I wrote this because i love you. <3

To all my fellow friends out there who are too sad to read.

Teehee!

____________________________-

Chapter I: Timing

Michelle's eyes stirred as she watched the snowy days drift by. Nothing happens at all. She sits there, waiting, waiting, for what she knew would never come.

Her eyes were tired. But she was restless. It was a teaching day, also known as sunday. She went to her window and glanced outside for the last time of that few hours, and saw the light snow of Minoscreep, the place where she was born and raised. Her head told her to stay, to do interesting and normal things people expected her to do. She had no desire to do this. And no patience either. She longed for adventure, and she longed to be excited. She has read about the feeling in books.

Excitement is the feeling you get for when you can wait for something. She told herself this many times a day, to keep her spirit up. She needed excitement in her life. But she longed for some one to share it with.

She was turning sixteen tomorrow. She was hoping this day would never come. Michelle hated the idea of getting married, and now she has only one short year until it happens. She didnt want tomarry. She likede her life independant. She only had one best friend, but she would never understand. Tidalay was much too formal and practical to do anything Michelle suggested, so it was practically hopeless to even try to persuade her.

She had friends, of course, but she was never really sure she could trust them. There was Julaine, and Tally, And Phoebe, and Chloe. Julaine was the nicest girl in town. She had chocolate brown hair and big honey brown eyes. Tally was a pale brunette with the big brown eyes. Phoebe was the richest, with cashew brown hair and lovely deep blue eyes. Chloe, who was the most striking, had the red hair everyone wants and it was held in long soft waves, and she had icy blue eyes to match. And Tidalay had a lovely head of pure jet black and icy blue eyes.

Michelle liked them, but she never knew that they would betray her like that. They talked behind her back. Michelle was outside, paying a visit to the library as her usual Sunday ritual. She found her friends sitting there and gossiping.

"Do you think she and Thatos are related? Or maybe Cybrus? She is the only one with blonde hair and that luminous green eyes in the village!" Tally exclaimed.

"Well, Thatos and Cybrus do have those eyes, but she is quite different. She can run faster, climb better,

and aim harder that any of us, there's something strange about her..." Julaine said dreamily.

"I don't think it is a problem, she is what she is, and nothing can change that!" Tidalay said.

She was too sad and practically crying to hear the rest.

Michelle ran through the forest. She knew it was dangerous, she knew she must stop, but she couldnt. She Knew she was different! She knew she wasn't like the other girls! But how much she wanted to be.

After a couple of hours of thinking, she returned home to Minoscreep, and as she went she Passed her grandmothers house. Much like Valerie in the Red Riding Hood book, Michelle's Grandmother, Odetta, had a passion for exotic things. She collected them. Seashells from the Eastern Pollydawn Sea, pebbles and rocks from the Bishop's Brook River. She had the most silky cloth made from the best silkworms in the land. Michelle's favourite were the windchimes, the magical sounds the beautiful thin bells whispered in the windy nights she spent at grandmothers. She dreamt of magic, of freedom, listening to the twinkling sounds. When she was younger, she used to ask Grandmother where they came from. Grandmother just smiled at her, and looked away, sipping her spring leaf tea. Michelle wondered, and began to read. But she found nothing, but she still kept on reading.

As she passed her grandmothers house, Michelle smiled at the memories. She glanced at the windchimes, delicately hanging above her grandmothers creaky porch. She didn't want her grandmother to see her like this. She skidded back to the forest path and back to the village.

She found her mother, Athenis, waiting for her.