chapter one

"Sometimes when you look for something so hard, you miss that it's right in front of you."

I walk into my apartment,
"Hey babe! We need to talk"
"Sure Hun, what's it about?" He says.
My boyfriend is Derek spencer and we have been dating for about four year and everything was fine.
But I can't waste anymore time from the age of 18 you stop aging until you meet your soul mate.
I am now 22 and have not aged a bit.
I bring him into the bathroom and make him look in the mirror at us.
"Look in the mirror and tell me what you see?"
"Us?"
"Yeah but something about us"
"You look beautiful as always hun, what's your point" he asks.

I take a deep breath, "Derek, it's been 4 years and we haven't aged a bit, and you know..." He cuts me off Mid sentence.
"Yeah yeah, when you meet your soul mate you age" he says a bit annoyed.

"Yeah, and we haven't aged...maybe we should see other people, because obviously someone else's a out there and they are a better match for us, even tho I've loved these past four years we just aren't soul mates, I'm so sorry!"

He sighs, " I get it Hun, don't be sorry..... I'll move out as soon as I can get a decent place."

"It's fine, we can still be friends and room mates, it's not like we fought or anything.... We were just meant to be friends" I say.

I go into my room and get some gym clothes on, and go to the gym to relax.

I'm waking to the cardio section of the gym, as I hear my name being called.
"Allison!"
I turn around to see the familiar face of my friend from high school Mason Myers.
"Mason!" I give him a big hug.
"Didn't know you go here!" I say.
"Just joined last week" he says.
"How have you been" I reply smiling from ear to ear.
"I've been good, could've been better."
"That sucks, well I've got to get going but let's meet up sometime!"
"Definitely, I'd love to see you more!" He says.
We exchange numbers and head our deferent ways.

I jump on the Tread mill but can't help but think about today's events.
I blast my music and just continue to run, trying to block out my thoughts.
Being alone tho sucks, when you don't want to think about things silence is your enemy.

You may be fine in a crowd, but being alone different.

It's only you and your thoughts when your alone and those are the real enemy.