Ch 18- The Things She Bares

Cara paced up and down the floor of hers and Alucard's room, her heels echoing off the stone walls.

It felt as is her heart were racing a mile a minute. Nothing could calm it at the moment.

She placed a hand to her slightly protruding stomach and winced when she felt a small flutter in the spot her hand was over.

Something wet and sticky slithered down her face as a mixture of emotions overtook her. Bringing her hand up and touching her cheek before looking down at her black gloved hand, she watched as blood ran down her fingers.

She heard footsteps on the stairs and quickly tried to wipe her 'tears' with the back of her hands.

"Mrs. Cara, Sir Integra wants to...." Seras started before Cara turned to her and she saw the tears. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Funny, isn't it?" Cara chuckled halfheartedly. "Demons cry black tears while we cry blood. A lot harder to hide them isn't it?"

"Mrs., are you alright?" Seras asked as Cara began to both laugh and cry hysterically.

***************

"How hard is it for one bloody vampire to bring another?" Integra asked, her patience wearing thin.

Alucard leaned against the wall, his usual glasses and hat gone, while Walter stood with his hands behind his back beside Integra's desk as she drummed her fingers impatiently against the dark wood of her desk.

A hurried knock came to the two large doors on the other side of the spacious room.

"Come in," Integra called, almost angrily.

A very worried looking Seras poked her head through the door after she pushed it slightly ajar.

"Where have you been? I sent you to--" Integra started before Seras disappeared again. "Seras!"

Seras reappeared a few seconds later with a both crying and laughing Cara leaning against her. It was a bit awkward considering Cara was at least two to three feet taller than Seras.

"What happened?!?" Integra asked, worry hidden in her blue eyes as Alucard rushed forward and swept Cara into his arms.

Alucard placed Cara in a chair and held either side of her face in his large hands. He watched with horror as she looked around frantically, still laughing as blood dripped from her eyes.

"Shhhhh, shhhhhhhh, shhhhhh," Alucard whispered, breathing a sigh of relief when clarity came to her eyes as she looked into his.

Her laughing turned to sobs as she gripped his arms tightly before he pulled her into his arms, her body trembling.

"I'm so sooo-rr-rr-y-y," Cara hiccuped as everyone watched in shock.

"For what?" Alucard asked. "What happened?"

"I don't know how it happened.... I swear! I didn't mean for it to happen! Please... Please don't hate me!" Cara begged hysterically.

"Alucard! Get her out of here until she calms down!" Integra ordered.

Alucard picked her up bridal style and carried her from the office, taking her back to their room.

He set her down in his large, tall throne and kneeled before her.

Her breathing was hard and fast. She was trying her best to regulate it, but her thoughts were too jumbled at the moment.

"Deep breathes, love. Deep breathes," Alucard said slowly. Her breathes became longer and deeper. "That's my girl." He waited for a moment before speaking again. "Now, tell me what all the fuss is about."