Diamonds Aren't Forever

Chapter 1:

Glass flew from the frame of the door as it slammed back into its appropriate place. Storming down the front steps all Jacob was consumed with were the last moments that replayed in his head as the dead flat line rang in his hears that pronounced Bella dead.

His feet hit the dark dirt of the forest. He pushed past the urge to fall into sorrow and allow the tears to cascade down his face. Instead, he let it form into anger, feeding his beast within. Red devoured his vision as Jacob's body began to shake vigorously. The various bones of his body began to lengthen his flannel shirt and jeans were torn to shreds in the process. Jacob took in a deep breath welcoming the phase.

Jacob wasn't one to let anger determine his phasing, but under the circumstances he allowed it. He was not going to let the bloodsuckers that took his Bella away from, him much less his pack members, see him weak. Jacob Black, Alpha to the La Push pack was not weak.

Leah, his faithful Beta ran up beside him, her thoughts were full of concern. It was foreign for Leah to feel any emotion but hate. She truly cared for her Alpha.

Jacob snapped his jaws at her, a low growl vibrating through his muzzle, making it clear he wanted to be left alone.

Whimpering, Leah left his side hastily phasing back into her human form.

Jacob continued to weave through the trees planted in the thick forest surrounding Forks, letting his supernatural speed take control. Minutes passed as anger continued to fuel his sprint. Minutes soon turned into hours before he came to an abrupt stop.

The burning stench of vampire filled Jacobs nose causing disgust to once again rage through his veins. Another smell that was more pungent than that of the vampires also slipped into his nostrils. Hints of sand from the scolding deserts, salt from the bluest of oceans, and grass from the plushest of meadows, formed into one smell that delighted him.

Using the peaceful smell as a means to track the being behind it, he was lead to a different part of the woods that he had never ventured to. Curling his head around the edge of a tree he spotted a tall figure fighting with two bloodsuckers. For a moment he was frozen in bewilderment. Soon the feeling changed as he saw the six foot woman tear one of the leech's head off with her bare hands.

She was human or at least to an extent. She didn't reek like the bloodsuckers and no wolf could accomplish what she did in human form.

Running at an inhumane speed she flew after the dead vampires mate that was fleeing up a tree. The leech came flying down to hard floor of the forest with a bang. Jacob was utterly astonished.

The astonishment soon faded into concern as the battle heated up. The vampire had the woman in a head lock. Not an ounce of fright flitted across her face as the leech jerked her head to the side exposing her smooth neck. Without noticing the look upon her face that revealed she had been in this situation numerous times, Jacob dove in to the rescue of the helpless damsel.

Quickly, she slipped from the vampires grasp. Sensing the massive wolf hurtling towards her as a threat she grasped a gun from her side. Hastily, she aimed at Jacob's side squeezing the trigger.

Yelping Jacob fell to the ground immediately phasing back into his human form. His hands trembled as he gently tapped his side, desperately trying to find the bullet. Feeling the blood seeping down his side, Jacob located the small indention in his skin. Jacob winced in pain as he jerked from the startling sharp crack of the last vampire's head splitting from its body. Taking in a deep breath he fished for the bullet once more, realizing that his speedy healing would swallow the wound into the depths of his tissue. He could tell that the bullet was special because it was fired from a woman who was anything but ordinary.

"It's no use," a soft yet powerful voice stated. Jacob's eyes flitted up to the tall woman strutting over to him, a fire blazing with purple flame behind her. "I've never seen one like you before." She whispered, her eyes scanning over his body, studying him.

Her dark eyes met with Jacobs as she examined him. For that split second the whole world stopped for him. Gravity was no longer holding him to the earth. She was. All of the strings of his heart were released from the bitterness of losing whom he thought he loved and now tied to her. She was the one. His soul mate. His eternal love. His imprint.

The woman's eyes flowed down Jacob's body once more. She paused for a brief moment as a smirk drew up on her lips.

Noticing the reason for the look gracing her features, a lustful growl formed in the throat of Jacob. As the growl slipped past Jacobs lips the woman snapped her head back up to his. "If you haven't taken notice, you are temporarily paralyzed from the waist down. I can give you something to diminish the paralysis, but you have to promise not to flee from me. There's something about you that fascinates me." Jacob inwardly smiled to himself as knew the fascination wasn't fascination at all. It was the imprint tie.

"Can't you just take out the bullet?" he asked in a deep husky voice, giving her a soft smile. He was determined to real her in.

Retrieving a small object form her she bent down in front of the exposed Alpha. "I could but this is easier. Don't worry about the bullet. All will be taken care of, wound and all, if you eat this."

Taking the small object in his strong hands he dropped it into his mouth, hurriedly swallowing it. A wave of relief washed over him as the morsel did just as she said.

An ounce of revenge raged through Jacob as an idea to get her back was created in his head. Lunging up from his current position he tackled the woman who had slayed the two vampires. Knowing just where to hit her, he firmly locked his pearly white teeth into her neck. Using more strength then necessary, blood dripped from the wound that was now imprinted onto her skin.

A gut wrenching scream flew past her lips as pain surged through her body. Lifting her hand in a attempt to knock the hulking man off of her she froze as all the movement went numb in her body. She wanted to scream at him and demand she know what he did to her, but her attempts were futile.

Lifting the woman, that he yet did not know her name, from the ground, he tossed her over his shoulder with ease. Breaking into a sprint through the forest, back to his lonesome home full of his wolf pack at La Push, he was determined to know every aspect of the vampire slayer's life.