Death Note: L and Light Fanfiction

You were part of the task force, the very think designed to take down Kira. However, you didn't really think you contributed that much to the investigation, even though everyone said you did. You had known L ever since the orphanage, and had actually been there during the B.B. cases. You always wanted to help out someone from the Whammy's, because they had helped you out so much.

You sighed, and sat down your papers, bored with everything, you took a quick glance out the window, and smiled when you saw the snow. But then glanced around the room, an annoyed sigh on your lips.

There was the clueless guy, with black hair, who was always trying to flirt with every girl, and show that he was important to the investigation.

Your eyes passed over him immediately.

There was the brownish-redish haired teenager, who seemed to have no emotion whatsoever in his voice, and that L thought was Kira, not openly, of course.

Your eyes stayed on him for a few minutes, and a frown came to your lips.

There was Light's dad, who you had a great respect for, and thought of as like a father figure. He was intelligent, good hearted, and just wanted justice.

You gave him a small smile, and then your eyes went to the girl beside him.

With blonde hair, blue eyes, and an annoying personality, most people couldn't stand this girl, you were one of them, but you had to act like her friend because of your job, you always felt a weird aura around her, though.

There were a few others, but none of them interested you, your eyes went over them faster then lightening, and finally rested on the black haired man sitting-no, squatting- in his chair, eating something sweet, you couldn't really see it from where you were sitting.

Your eyes lingered, but finally you went to your papers, since you had college, the kira case, and a normal life to juggle.

You did have a boyfriend, but you didn't really like him.

He was cruel, mean, and insinsitve, usually. But, sometimes he could be sweet and loving, it really depended on the day.

You knew you wanted to get out, but, you didn't really know how. Your hand traveled to the cut on your arm, and you sighed shakily, before reading over the paper, wanting to get your mind off of it all.

"Reina? Are you okay?" You heard someone ask. You glanced up, and gave Matsuda a small smile, as your eyes hid sadness easily

"Yes, I'm alright." You said, spinning your pencil around, and sighing, feeling every ones eyes on you.

"Are you sure, Reina? You look abit pale..." Light said, a ounce of fake worry in his voice. You tried not to roll your eyes, you really did, but.. it didn't work.

"Yes, I'm sure." You said, your hand going back to your arm, "Please, just go back to the case... I want to get this over with as soon as I can." You stretched in your seat, before standing up. ".. I'm going to take a break, OK?"

"Alright." L replied simply, taking a sip of his coffee. "Just be careful, and if something happens, you have our number." He said, putting more sugar in the liquid, and stirring it. You nodded, and opened the door, shutting it quickly behind you.

L frowned as he heard the door slam. "Matsuda, please follow her to make sure she's alright." He said, staring at the screen, and writing down a few key pieces of evidence. Matsuda nodded, and ran out the door, ducking into the shadows.

You turned on your phone, and answered the text, rolling your eyes. He had somehow convinced you to go out with him today, so you were going to the small, quaint, little restaurant you meet him in, I suppose you could call it a cafe.

You opened the door, and shut it behind you, before sitting down where you always did. Matsuda followed, and sat in a dark corner, where he wouldn't be found.

Soon, your boyfriend came in.

"Hello, Reina."

"Hello, Tim."

"Why don't you talk to me anymore?"

"... I have a life outside of talking to you.." You said hesitantly, a scared tone to your voice.

"Ah, and is anyone else a part of your life?"

"I have work. So, of course it involves other people." You said, rolling your eyes.

"And are any of them guys?"

"Yes."

"I think I should go with you." He said, frowning, and glaring at you slightly. You frowned, not sure what to say.

While Matsuda took his leave, and ran back to L. You sighed, and shook your head.

"This is my life..."

"And who keeps you safe? Offers you a home?"

"Who pays for that home?" He frowned, and narrowed his eyes in anger, his hand started to shake, while what you two usually got came. The waiter put down the bill, and hurried away, getting scared by the stare he was giving anyone who came near. You grabbed it, put in the money, and grabbed the cup. "I'm going to go back to work now." You said, standing up, and leaving him shaking in anger.