Steam - Spemily

Not mine

Spencer felt the air around her become thicker. Her mind started to race; no thoughts were logical. All she could think about was getting out of the sauna. Someone had trapped her in the abnormally large shower, with the heat on the highest level. Her need to live took over her rationality. Usually she was able to plan things out, but not this time. Nobody was in the house and nobody would be home until the next week. Spencer was going to die if she did not get out of the shower as soon as possible. Her throat began to close as less air was available in the small room. She pounded on the glass of the shower, calling for help in case someone outside could hear her. Nobody was coming for her. She was going to die.

The relentless pounding against the glass did nothing; her parents are rich and spent a lot of money making sure that the barrier would not break due to carelessness. The shower was sealed tightly. Spencer could not get out of the shower unless she had a weapon, and all she had were her hands. She felt the fight drain from her body along with the energy she used to pound against the powerful glass.

Spencer gave up. She stopped her attempts to get out of the sauna. She slipped slowly to the ground and lay there face down, breathing in the thick air that clogged her throat continuously. She looked at her pruned hands in defeat and began to cry. A was killing her. She'd never get to see A be caught. She'd never get to see her parents again. She'd never get to see her friends again.

Her friends. They'd have to go through another death of a close friend. First Alison and now Spencer. This is what made her feel the worst. She wouldn't get to see her friends again. They were more family to her than her actual family.

She wouldn't get to talk to Aria and hear her inspiring words. Aria was always the calmest of the four, the most collected. Spencer was going to miss her ability to stay grounded.

She was going to miss Hanna's humour and perkiness. Hanna could always make her feel better when she needed it. Hanna was her clown when she was sad. She'd never get to hear another one of Hanna's perverted jokes or her uplifting laugh.

She was never going to see Emily again. Spencer had always respected Emily the most. She'd been through the deaths of the two people she loved the most, not to mention the constant reminder that death could take her father any time it wanted. Emily was the strongest; she was stronger than Spencer. She loved Emily more than her other friends. Emily was the one Spencer wasn't afraid to break down in front of. Emily was there for her through everything, despite their fights. Spencer remembered that the only time they would fight was when the other was dating someone and they didn't approve. Emily was right about Toby. Despite his good nature, he could be dangerous. He just proved that minutes before Spencer got into the shower.

But all Spencer could think about was Emily. More than anyone else in her life. Alison had tormented Emily for being gay. Spencer hadn't noticed until Emily came out. She wanted to shun Alison for making Emily feel so bad about herself. Sometimes she wanted to punch Ali. Emily was so loving and innocent. Whenever she was around, Spencer felt all tension in the room disappear. Emily made everything easier. If Spencer was freaking out over a test in school, Emily would be there to help her through it. She'd be entertaining and serious at the same time. She'd make Spencer study, but only to an extent. Having Emily in the room made Spencer feel loved. She'd always felt like this around Emily. She never really elaborated into why she felt like she was on amazing drugs around Emily, she just went along with the feeling.

But now she would never feel like that again. Now she would feel eternal darkness and hatred for the world, and Emily wouldn't be there to comfort her anymore. No longer would she rest her head on Emily's lap and feel her soft fingers travel throughout her hair. Spencer loved it when Emily would play with her hair. It comforted her. But now she'd never feel the comfort again.