3. Past

"So are you feeling? Is everything alright? You're not hurt are you?" I ask her while stuttering, since I'm more scared of what her reaction might be.

"No, I'm fine." She held my hand as I look at her directly in the eyes and somehow everything clicked, how her name seems familiar and her features but I can't just jump to conclusions so, for now, I'll just keep quiet about it.

For now.

Suddenly the doors flew open as we both look at the doors there we saw Zero? "Is there something you need, Zero?" I ask. "I won't allow you to erase her memories." he replies as Yuki came running through the door.
I ask curiously, "Why wouldn't you allow it?" he walks towards our direction and quickly carries Miki bridal style but before he walks out the door he looks back at me, "Because I said so, I'll monitor her if you're worried." then he walks out of the door.
I remember Yuuki was in the room and as I look at her; it surprised me seeing a pained expression while still looking at the door where Zero left.
Oh, Yuki.

Zero POV?

What was I thinking?

I mentally ask myself as we walk towards her room, I felt someone poke my cheek. I look down from where it came from there I realize that I was still carrying Miki, surprised and embarrassed I accidentally let her go and the next thing I heard was a 'thud' I slowly look down and was about to apologize when I heard soft chuckles. Irritated at the fact that she's laughing at me, "What's so funny?" She looks at me and continues to giggle, pissed off I pull her arm making her stand up and when I finally had her attention I asked again, "What's so funny? Are you laughing at me or is there something on my face?" I continue to ask, unable to stop myself. I turn around and tried to calm myself when I felt her pulling on my clothes.

As I look at her again, she looks at me straight in the eyes then smiles, "Sorry, I just thought you changed but as I thought you're still the same." I didn't get what she meant but when I was about to ask her, she put her finger upon my lips signaling me to keep quiet, "Do not rush into things, there will be a time when you'll understand." And with that, she slowly turns her back and walks away, leaving me behind to think things through. I touch my lips once again and before I knew it I was already smiling at the thought of Miki; whenever she's with me, I somehow feel at ease.

Yuki POV

Walking back to my bedroom I still recall how Zero acted and left holding Miki. I never saw him like that except when I'm in trouble.

I hear a voice coming from the headmaster's office, "We have to do something about the increasing Level E's, they're multiplying." I slowly and quietly peak at the keyhole and saw Kaname sitting in front of Kaien's table I wait for him to reply but he just quietly sat there even when Kaein asks him if there's anything wrong, but he suddenly stood up from where he was sitting and for a moment I thought our eyes met, I immediately panicked and ran away as far as possible not daring to look back.

Kaname POV

"We have to do something about the increasing Level E's, they're multiplying!?" I felt a presence, and I knew that it was Yuki, I don't want her to hear these kinds of a conversation I thought she was just walking by and soon go back to her bedroom in the Sun Dorm but I was wrong for her presence stayed I thought I should at least scare her a bit, with no care I stood up and slowly walk towards the door, I saw her eyes peaking at the keyhole and as soon as I was about to get closer I heard her run as fast as she could, when I was sure she was gone I turn back around to be greeted by Kaiens' question, "What's wrong, Kaname, was there somebody at the door?" I answer. "It's nothing."

"So what about the multiplying Level E's?" And as he explains the recent incident I found out about Miki's guardian and that she was a common Vampire that was falling to a Level E herself. I question him, "Does she knows about her guardian being a Vampire?" He looks at me sadly then shakes his head, "I was also surprised about her guardian and how the incident with Aido didn't surprise her at all. I thought that maybe she knows but maybe it was all a front, she's still a human and all." he said and as I thought about it, I recalled everytime we'd meet. From the moment she appeared before me and I had a realization, from the moment she came I didn't get a scent nor a presence, it's as if she's not there but I must keep this matter to myself first and observe her for a few days just to make sure. It just doesn't make sense. She's human after all.

(Inside His Bedroom)

The moment I first saw Zero I was astounded at the fact that he resembles her so much though they differ in various parts still he reminds me of her and now out of nowhere she shows up. I close my eyes, her figure appears before and for the first time, I didn't dismissed the thought of her.

I know what I have to do, I've been waiting and preparing for this. Yet, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something.

Miki POV

I'm sorry, Kaname, for hurting you, leaving you and especially putting you through all this, but even as it pains me to say it I won't let your plan succeed. I don't mind dying and live again only to die once more, not until they are all gone.

Those who bring others into darkness must perish.