Chapter Four

“Wait for me, Raine,” Greer called out. I stopped and smiled. He rushed up and gave me a hug. “What have you been up to? I haven't heard from you in a couple of weeks.”

      I gave my best screw you smile. I had seen him in a restaurant on a date and even though he and I had just started dating, I wasn't going to fall into that mess again. He said he wasn't seeing anyone, and then I see him a few days later having dinner with Lynn. 

      “You have my number; you know you could have called.”

      He nodded. “You got room in your tent for one more?”

      I shook my head. “Sorry, we're full.”

      “What? You’re kidding, right?” he chuckled.

      I shook my head. “Vance and Dale are sleeping in our tent with us.”

      Greer's eyebrows met in the middle. “Who the hell is Vance?” he grumbled.

      Okay, first off, I lost my virginity to Tim Greer when I turned seventeen; he hates Tim so we all call him Greer. It's been like that since he was seven or eight. We broke up six months later when I found out he was seeing another girl behind my back. We recently started dating again, only to see that he hasn't changed and was still dating more than one person. The only problem is that Greer still thinks that we're together.

      “Look, he's a nice guy and what does it matter to you? Bunk with your brother.”

      “I thought we were working on getting back together,” he grumbled.

      “I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. We're friends and, besides, you were with Lynn just last week.”

      “I was ending it with her,” he said with a shrug.

      “Don't! Okay? We're friends, and that's all.”

      He put his arm over my shoulder. “Are you saying that because you’re interested in this guy, Vance?”

      “Not at all,” I said with a giggle. 

      We headed back to camp and everyone was sitting around the fire. People were shouting Greer's name and I took the opportunity to slide back to my tent. I put my purse into my pack and cell into my pocket. I took out a bottle of water and headed back to the fire. I had just sat down when I felt someone pulling my hair out of my sweater. “Are you ready for our walk?” he whispered into my ear. Shivers ran up my spine. It was scary how he whispered it. 

      “I guess so,” I said as I stood up and darted a help me look at Echo.

      “Wait up, you two, and I'll join you,” Greer shouted.

      I froze and Echo saved the day. “We all should go for a hike; it's a great idea,” she chimed.

      Dale, Vance, and a few others also joined us. I walked beside Jaydon so that this would count as our walk. Greer was a couple of steps behind with a few pals of his. Echo and the guys were behind them.

      “You know, I was surprised to hear the news last night; what made you decide to leave?” Jaydon asked.

      I shrugged. “I always planned on it, I was going two years ago, but I put it off until now. Greer knew about it back them.”

      “So how long are you going to be in BC?” he asked.

      “I don't think I'm coming back anytime soon. I've got a job and I plan on going to college out there.”