Chapter 1: Prisoner.

SO this first chapter is really short but it gets the story going.

There is a serious play on time here so try to keep up!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------***----------------------------------------------------------------

They stretched their arms and reached for me, calling out sweet coos behind slimy sneers.  Keeping close to the armed man ahead I tried to avoid their scrutinizing glares, the eyes of the forsaken.

So long was that dark and dingy hall, seeming to stretch on and on; into eternity.  Yet all too soon the man before me stopped, calling out to his comrade behind a wall of iron.  With a clamor the wall shuddered and swung open with a piercing shriek.

 Nails on a chalk board.

 I shrugged off my shivers and continued to follow my guide into the next hall.  This one was darker with only scattered lights above, flickering carelessly.  It was quiet here, lifeless and dark.  It reminded me of death, how the reaper himself would have found comfort in this dingiest of halls!

Stay Calm. I had to remind myself, before my nerve found chance to escape me.  

I was surprised when the guard suddenly halted and turned to an iron clad door.  I stared up at him, my heart suddenly racing.  It was obvious that he saw the panic in my face and smiled reassuringly to me, “You don’t have to do this you know” he comforted me.  “No one will force you to walk in there, the choice is yours alone.” 

My mind raced as my fear rose.  I was terrified, I couldn’t do this.  I took a step back, away from the door and the man nodded knowingly.  But there was something about that nod, as if he had expected me to back out, as if a woman couldn’t possibly have the nerve to face the man behind the door.  That sparked something inside me.

I raised my head as my fear flew away, cast aside by my sudden anger.  Stepping forward I stood firm before the door, the gateway to the unknown and endless mystery.  “Open the door.” I commanded.  Taken aback the man nodded to some figure at the end of the hall, concealed by shadow.  The door slid noisily open and I stepped inside.

I felt my resolve waiver when I saw him and had to remind myself not to drool.  I couldn’t help the blush that crept across my cheeks as he looked up from the book he was reading to smile warmly at me.  He rose from his seat and stood in front of me, the movement rattling the chains that bound him.  Glancing down at the iron his gentle features turned shy and he blushed apologetically.

“Hello, Mr. Winters.”  I greeted him, forcing my voice to remain steady and professional.  “My name is Amara Thomas; I’m here for the interview you agreed upon.”

His eyes lit up, a pure kindness softening their steely color.  “Thank you for coming.” He said with the greatest sincerity.

I walked deeper into his cell and took a seat on the chair the guard had placed for me, directly across from Winters.  After I was seated, Winters lowered himself onto his cot, chains rattling. 

He was staring at me and that was making me nervous so to distract him by starting the interview.  I reached into my pocket and withdrew a slim recorder.  Hitting the RECORD button I began, this was a story that would make my career…

 “Shall we start from the beginning?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------***----------------------------------------------------------

AND the real story begins!

READ on as Amara unravels the mystery behind the HUNTER!!