Beginning of Civilization Essay Questions

Since I am doing an essay on the Beginning fo Civilization. I might as well right the questions down.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000004509 StartFragment:0000000471 EndFragment:0000004492

Essay Questions:

Discuss the origin of Homo sapiens and how they came to live in all parts of the world.

They first began to appear nearly 200,000 years ago in association with technologies not unlike those of the early Neanderthals. It is now clear that they did not come after the Neanderthals but were their contemporaries. However, it is likely that both modern humans and Neanderthals descended from Homo heidelbergensis..

Describe the life of prehistoric people during the Old Stone Age.

They didn't build permanent dwellings. Made temporary homes in caves or tents made from branches and animal skins. Also they had to move when the animals did. They only used language to pass on information. Fire provided warmth, cooking, light, smoke to preserve food and made animal skins more waterproof; torches to drive animals off cliffs. The Neanderthals had rituals for a successful hunt. They actually buried the dead like we do now with cemeteries. The left items in the grave showing they believed in the after life.

Write an essay with the title "Neanderthals and Homo sapiens." Discuss their differences and similarities and the theories of the relationship between them.

On the left is the Neanderthals skull. I believe this skull is suppose to be for monkeys and not our humans. On the right is the modern skull, known as the Homo sapiens' skull. The Modern skull is the skull that, you and I have. Neanderthals skull actually looks like a monkey's skull.

The Homo sapiens were very similar in appearance to modern Europeans. Males were 5 feet 4 inches to 6 feet tall (1.6-1.8 m.) That was 4-12 inches (10-31cm.) taller than Neanderthals. Their skeletons and musculature generally were less massive than the Neanderthals.

After I wrote down my questions, I answered them in an early matter.