Chapter One: A long day

Chapter 1: A long day

Great. I'm late to work for the first day at my new babysitting job, all thanks to my horrible, mean ass Dad. Yeah you might think it's a bit harsh saying bad things about my Dad but it's all true. He's an alcoholic plus he stays up late yelling and screaming at my mother for hours. That's why I'm late; I could not get to sleep last night with all the yelling. I was meant to leave about half an hour ago, so I throw my tooth brush in my mouth and my messy hair in a ponytail. I grab my cross body bag, my iPhone and an apple for breakfast as I head to the front door. I open the door and pull out my keys as I lock the door behind me.

I quickly walked down the street towards the bus station where I take a seat waiting for the 9:00 o'clock bus to come. As I see the bus trailing down the busy road, I reach into my bag and take out my wallet which has the exact amount I need. A ten dollar note and some gold coins for the bus fare.

'Hello, how are you going today?' The bus driver kindly greeted me as I handed him the money for the fare.

'Yeah, can't complain.' I say receiving the ticket and wonder off to find a seat, I walk down the bus with plenty of seats to choose from. I sit in an empty seat and plug in my music and zone out.

The bus had finally come to the stop I need; I jump off saying thanks to the driver and head in the direction of my new client. It's been cold and rainy today; in fact it's been cold and rainy all month so I have decided to rug up. As in wearing warmer clothing like what I'm wearing right now. I've got my nice gray jumper with my green scarf my best friend bought me last year. I have my navy blue high wasted skinny jeans on and a pair of white converse shoes on my feet. I have got my green cross body bag full of things I might need to take care of the kids as my babysitting job; like small travel board games and some card games.

I walk up to the client's front door and ring the door bell. I'm actually quit nerves being I have never met these people let alone this is my first day on the job. After a few seconds I was greeted by the lady as she stood at the door smiling.

'Hello you must be Stephanie, the new babysitter.' She smiled showing her pearly whites. 'My name is Linda Jenkins, right this way Stef. You don't mind me calling you Stef do you?'

'No, no I don't mind that's what my friends call me.' I say as Linda leads me inside her home. She was so nice. Her house was big and neat like everything has its one little place. I look around trying to find the children I was suppose to be looking after. 'Ah where are the kids?' I say following Linda down the hall way into the kitchen where I find one of two children in her little high chair.

'Here's one of the cuties, and the other one is upstairs sleeping in.'

'Naw she is beautiful, what's her name may I ask?' I walk over to her and tickled her tiny arm making her wriggle and giggle in her seat.

'Yeah she is and her name is Hope. And Hope has just finished her breakfast.' Linda smiled.

'May I pick her up?' I ask taking my bag off and laying it on the kitchen table. I have never seen a cuter baby before, she was adorable.

'Ofcorse you can, you're the babysitter.' She pulls out baby Hope from her high chair and hands her over to me. I grab her around the arms and slide my hands around to her back giving her support. She was tiny as I rock side to side placing her little head on my chest.

'How old is she?' I ask as Hope's little eye lids fight to stay open.

'She is 12 months old very soon. Well I better be off.' Linda grabs her keys and phone sitting on the table. 'My mobile number is on the fridge, um don't hesitate to call if you need anything at all and I will be back around about 4:30.' She walks to the front door followed by me still holding little Hope.

'Okay see you then, don't worry we will have lots of fun.'

'All right, bye little one' She kisses Hope on her tiny forehead. She closes the door waving to us before leaving the house.

'All alone in an unknown house, well not all alone. I have you Hope don't I.'

'What am I? Invisible?' An unknown voice staled me and I turn a round to find a girl standing at the end of the stairs. She had brown curly hair like her mother, Linda. She also had brown eyes and was wearing what I think is her pajamas with the boys of one direction on them.

'Oh sorry, I didn't know you were there.'

'No, its obvious you didn't.' She snapped back before making her way to the fridge in the kitchen.

Whoa, how can someone talk to someone else like that? I'm quite insulted actually. I walk into the kitchen and confront that girl.

'Why are you talking to me like that? Did I do something to you?' I say bravely wondering why she spoke to me like that.

'Well, I just don't like babysitter.' The girl said back pouring milk into her cereal she had made herself.

'And why don't you like babysitters?' I switch arms because my arms were getting numb from holding Hope.

'I don't know, there bossy and mean.'

"Well I know I'm neither bossy nor mean, you don't know me and I don't know you just yet. Why don't we start of by telling each other our names; my name is Stephanie.'

'Fine my name is Grace if you must know.' Grace spoke back putting the milk away in the fridge.

'That's a pretty name, Grace. I'm 17 years old.' i bet she is 7-8 years old.

'I'm 8 and I'm hungry.' She grabbed a spoon and sat at the dinning table to eat her breakfast.

'So Grace, what do you want to do today? I have board games and some card games I have brought with me.' I see Hope's day bed over in the corner so I walk over and put sleepy little Hope in her cot.

'I don't like board games, there boring.' She slurped at her cereal. This is going to be a long day. 

-----------------------

Hey guys, leave a comment on what you think about the story so far. Comment/fan/vote. 

leftyy_lettyy xoxo