Chapter 14

Stacie's Pov

"I'm almost ready!" I adjust my red bikini. I put my hair up in a bun and slip on my flip flops. I put shorts and a tank top on over my bikini and walk out to meet Jessica and Ashley. I had grown close to them, even after we lost at the semi finals. Today we are going to hang out at the Treble house. They have a hot tub so we need our bathing suits. "Let's go." We all pick up our bags and start walking. Today is like the first day back from spring break, and Brian invited Ashley, who invited me and Jess over as well.

"We're almost here!" Jess bubbles with excitement. We reach the Treble house and I knock on the door. Greg answers the door and let's us in. I lead Jess and Ashley inside. We take off our clothes and are left in our bathing suits. We grab our towels and walk over to the hot tub. I put my towel where the rest of them are, on the floor. I climb in the hot tub and sit next to Donald.

"Hey baby cakes." He kisses me. None of the other girls notice.

"Don't call me that!" I giggle.

"Hey!" Ashley says. We chat and joke around for a half and hour. As Jesse walks through the door Jess', Ashley's, and my phone goes off from where they are on the table.

"Hey Jesse will you grab our phones?" I ask.

"Sure." he replies bringing us our phones. I lean and twist around so that my arm is holding my phone over the edge of the hot tub. I open my message and read it. My phone drops. "Is everything okay? Donald asks me. I turn to Jess and Ashley.

"Did you guys get the same message?" I question.

"I think so!" Ashley squeals.

"We gotta go, like right now." Jess says exiting the hot tub. "Can we use your bathroom to change real quick?" Greg nods in confusion. We grab our bags and run into the bathroom. I change into a long sleeved v neck and skinny jeans. I put on my wedge sandals and fix my hair into a side ponytail. Jess and Ashley change as well and we run out of the bathroom.

"Will someone explain what's going on?" Donald asks.

"Something happened, I don't know what, but the Bellas are advancing to the ICCAs. We have practice right now! Thanks bye!" I say running out the door. We speed walk to the Bella house. We walk into the practice room and see everyone else except Aubrey and Chloe. We are waiting in silence when Aubrey comes in. We all start cheering.

"Okay The a-ca-gods have looked down on us and they have given us a second chance." she hands us papers.

"I texted Beca." Chloe says walking in.

"You did what?" Aubrey gasps.

"She makes us better."

"That's not an opinion for you to have Chloe." Aubrey scolds.

"Why? Because it's not yours? You're not always right you know." Chloe challenges.

"We will win without her." Aubrey hands Chloe the music. She has us practice over and over again. She gives us very few water breaks and I'm tired. "Okay stop!" she halts us in the middle of our routine. The same one we did at Regionals and the Semi-finals. Great. "What is happening to us? Chloe, you sound like you smoke three packs a day. Stacie, you are so behind on choreography and Jessica and Ashley, it is like you haven't been here all year long."

"Aubrey really?" Jessica questions.

"We've literally been here the whole time." Ashley defends.

"Aubrey, please, just give us a break. It's kind of not the same without everyone here." Amy reasons. "We need Beca." Cynthia Rose says.

"Maybe if Aubrey loosened the reins a little bit." Chloe starts.