The Angel Prophecies Book 1 The Betrayal Preview.

Prologue

As he stood at the veil between heaven and earth, he grasped at the lock of silver white hair that had molded itself into a sphere in his palm. Wisplithe. It was the hair of the King, the Creator himself, the Father of man and many. He had been on this same mission for centuries, traveled the same route through the veil more times than any of his brethren dared to count. And yet something was different. Years of rifling through the prophecies had him almost hyper aware of the fulfilling of them, he had that same feeling he felt when he was in the presence of someone or something great. When he was in the presence of someone with a destiny. But he was alone, there was no prophecy dedicated to him, he of all people knew that, he was only a messenger, the bearer of souls and ancients. He found his charges and brought them home, he protected the descendants of his kind; he was a protector, a messenger, nothing more. He quickly shook off the feeling and readied himself for his mission checking his weapons and the precious Wisplithe that would guide him and the souls back through the veil. Now he was ready, it was what he born and bred to do, a mission and calling given to him by the creator himself. His body quivered with anticipation as the long gray wings of the warrior messenger slid smoothly out of his shoulder blades and unfurled around his broad shoulders in preparation for flight. He held out the Wisplithe and let the pull of its light guide him through the veil. He felt the Wisplithe gently tug at his senses and pull him into a deep sleep to shield him from the view of the Contindians the Guardians of the veil. He knew he would awake in the compound safe and ready to begin his mission, he was ready, and he was the messenger, Rokai the Messenger, the bearer of souls.

And he shall leave deceived with a guide of false light, an ashen bird. He shall seek out the help of a Seventh with a mind of flames his beloved. The son of the betrayer shall seek his father with the guide of the soul bearer enslaved he shall become. So the ashen one with a destiny he will not acknowledge must accept his duty and defeat the betrayer with the help of his beloved. Then shall all be as was, and the ashen one will shine of white in the victory of his enemies defeat.

Chapter one

She walked out of the old mansion quickly and firmly giving the attention-seeking hopefuls no chance of calling her back to the ridiculous attempt of a haunted house for a second check. There was nothing there, she had known that the second she had walked into the house, but she still was forced to do a sweep of the place. She had to keep up appearances. For some reason ghosts, to some people, were something new and exciting and completely logical but the thought of a young Psychic turned their stomachs and pushed their fingers to the speedial of the nearest mental institution. Ridiculous, she brushed her dark red hair out of her eyes and pulled her walkie-talkie out of her pocket...

"Gideon?" she snapped, "we done here?"

"My, my, miss moody Maggie, who put a poltergeist in your pants?" she waited for him to finish laughing at his joke.

"You quite finished?" he gave a few more soft chuckles then cleared his throat.

"Yeah this was the last house this week, we got a few in the week after next but that's it for two weeks" Even through the bad quality of the walkie-talkie she could here the relief in Gideon's voice

"So eager to get back to the loving warmth of your computers Gideon? I hear they make the best lovers"

"Ha Ha Ha very funny Maggie, we shall make a comic genius out of you yet. Now hurry up so we can get back to base. The smell of this van is enough to turn any spirit bad. And I know you're anxious to see Tammy again." Maggie quickly arrived at the van, dumped her useless equipment in the back and jumped into the drivers seat in record time. Gideon let out a low whistle.

"Okay, so a little more than anxious then."

"Ya think?" said Maggie sarcastically,

"How long exactly has she been away?"