Chapter 21

Naomi

We all stared at Jamie and Lou in awe, as they battled the demons head on; no fear just focus and the demons were the ones who looked fearful. Maisie snickered "Those demons don't stand a chance against those two; they've always won their fights."

Aiden was watching Lou like a hawk, I think we all were, as Jamie had already dealt with his two, leaving her with three still. He yelled "Duck!"

She flipped over and landed on the floor in the foetal position, as an explosion happened, Cam stared over at them, and something like admiration was in his eyes. The smoke cleared and you saw Lou on the floor, covered in blood and was still. Jamie snorted "Its clear sis, up now, we gotta move now, they know we're here."

She uncurled and fixed him with a glare "Jerk!"

"It was needed to end it quickly," he snapped back pulling her up, he scowled at her "I don't agree with your plan, even if mum does..."

She smiled sadly as she hugged him close "You called her mum..."

"Yeah Lou, now come on, we need to cover as much ground as we can before night sets in." he replied quietly both pulled back. She nodded, her eyes locked onto Xavier "Come on love, we need to scout ahead, Jamie you be at the back to cover us."

Both of the boys nodded, Frankie snickered as she took to the sky and flew directly above us "And so it begins, but where shall the heartache end?"

Aiden looked up at her, as she circled us, then when we looked in front of us Lou and Xavier were no where in sight. Cam yelped in shock "Frankie where are they?"

"Relax, they're scouting ahead, making sure its safe." She chuckled from above, Maisie smiled at me "You doing ok there Naomi?"

"Just fine thanks," I replied, but my voice wavered, clearly giving away the fact I wasn't totally fine. Her eyes narrowed on me as she slipped her hand in mine "Relax, demons are scary sure, but Lou and Jamie are far scarier and with Xavier by her side; nothing will prevent them from fighting unless one gets used as leverage."

I stared at her wide eyed "You sound so confident that we'll be safe, and they won't turn us,"

"FRANKIE!!!"

The angel above us swooped low until she was flying dangerously low to the ground, speeding onwards until she too disappeared. Jamie growled "Goddamit!!"

Maisie paled "Lou, Xavier...what caused them to call for help?"

"JAMIE!!!"

He titled his head to the side "Ok if that's Frankie calling they're in trouble, come on, we can make it if we run."

His words set into the kids first, Kathy's face twisted into a snarl as did Maisie's both of them snarled as they began unleashing unbelievable power, and a storm appeared overhead, lightning cracked down everywhere. Toby stared at the girls with shock "They're getting their true powers, Kathy is elemental and Maisie is shifter."

Jamie said grimly "Yeah and I have a feeling we'll need everything we have,"

We arrived at a clearing, Frankie was breathing heavily; blood had stained her wings as she faced Richard himself. All of us stared, unable to move, Lou was on the floor her eyes glassy as life seemed to leave her body. Xavier was by her side fending off the demons, but he too was weakening with very punch and kick he threw. Jamie gasped "What, the hell, happened Frankie?"

She panted as she blocked another attack "It was a trap, and he then made his move to render Lou useless, she's dying Jamie. There's no stopping what curse he laid on her, all Xavier can do is protect her from the demons as she holds onto her last thread of life."

Richard chuckled darkly "You can't defeat me, only dear Lou can do that."

I exclaimed "I thought she had that bond in play, shouldn't he be dying too?!"

"No," he purred, "you see that curse removed that stupid effect. Now she'll die and the rest of you will follow."

Xavier cried out as a demon sent him flying back, hitting a tree he slid to the floor, his eyes were staring at Lou though as he rasped "Lou please...don't die without bringing him down. Remember what your mum said."

A demon picked her up and snarled "She'll die; she can't fight her fate is death by our hands."

Suddenly the demon screamed as it got flung backwards and turned to ash. Lois was stood there, looking about ready to fall again, but she was standing, red stained her usual snow white skin from fresh cuts and wounds. She stared at Richard "I die; you die, even if I have to fight you to bring you down."

He cackled "Honey you're nearly dead, that curse can't be lifted, ever."

"So what?" she snarled at him, as she switched into her hell form, and she was back to full strength, his eyes widened in shock and fear "How?"

She hissed, her eyes black and blue, even in her hell form you could see the faint lines of her hunter marks "You see in my hell form it restores me to full strength and that curse can't touch me then."

He stumbled back "Please don't,"

"Drop the act father," she sighed, his eyes narrowed on her before he too went into hell form. Xavier sighed "And so it shall be the end for one, more likely both,"

Frankie breathed "Lou, remember your promise,"

Cam said quietly "I get the picture this is gonna be a battle to remember,"

"Yeah," Aiden mumbled his heart was already broken, even with her here, to him he'd already lost her. Because there was no way she'd live through this, he'd already lost her in his eyes."

Izzy said quietly "Do you think she'll bring him down?"

"Yes I do," Kathy said quietly as she, Maisie, Toby and Jamie all moved to form an arch behind her. Lois giggled, her eyes looked drunk with power and sadness as she said "I swear my allegiance to the darkness this once, to help me defeat my enemy, at the end you may end my life as payment."

A dark swirl whipped round her, as her power grew even further, Jamie yelled "Xavier, move into the circle Frankie you too, we need to be her anchor and all act as her balancers."

Frankie moved to stand next to Jamie and on his other side stood Xavier "The rest of you construct a shield to prevent the other demons from picking us off."

"Consider it done," Cam nodded, and this was just the beginning, of a battle that would go down in Afterlife history. Soon, their power would collide and they'd fight to death, the outcome is unknown...as to whether he'd die with her. We could only hope, as we shielded her friends, that she'd bring him down; if not for her sake but for ours. Aiden stared at the ground as he said quietly "Don't let us down baby, please."

I think our hum of magic may have deepened to a sadder tone, at that, as we realised one of our leaders was breaking; just not the one you'd have thought. Celine yelled "Hold your head up high Aiden!" as the wind picked up and magic swirled all around us, she screamed over it "Let her know you're still here, with her, and she still has you. Otherwise to her, she's already lost the guy she loves."

His eyes glimmered as tears slipped down his face, gradually his head rose and we all smiled faintly as we turned round to see Lou and Richard in fighting stance. Well Richard was, she was stood there smirking at him, she roared, her whole body descending in glorious flames "NOW!!! I BIND THEE TO MY FAMILY; TO MY FRIENDS; I BIND OUR MAGIC TO POOL AS ONE - TO BECOME A UNIT!"

And it sure as hell did, the flames grew taller with Kathy's added magic, and her friends and family all wore similar expressions. Rage, menace and if you looked into their eyes closely, you could see their love radiating out to her...it was like a shield of its own; a shield of love. 

A/N

Thoughts? Oh yeah I've finally updated the Interview book which has a different name, not sure if the new name will stay though. Anyway do go and check that out, the first interview/episode contains Aiden, Cam and Lou from here and Nate from TMIM and Kylie from LH. Thanks for reading folks <3

-Hayley